Which beaches are open

Horseracingfan

We are going to St Maarten in early April and wondering which beaches were open and had amenities. Sounds like Orient Beach is still pretty much destroyed?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Was in Sint Maarten yesterday and Great Bay Beach is open and we had a wonderful time.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

We just went to the beach at the first water taxi stop. Don’t know the actual name. They had all services available. Chairs, umbrellas, bars, restaurants, jet skis. They even had music playing on the beach. Not the greatest beach but it was fun and met all our needs.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just went to the beach at the first water taxi stop. Don’t know the actual name. They had all services available. Chairs, umbrellas, bars, restaurants, jet skis. They even had music playing on the beach. Not the greatest beach but it was fun and met all our needs.

Hi can provide some prices on the things you mentioned? Thank you!😁

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

Hi can provide some prices on the things you mentioned? Thank you![emoji16]

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

I wanna say we paid $25 for two chairs and an umbrella. The jet skis were around 60 for 30 minutes. The bar behind us was charging 6 to 8 for drinks.

Sorry I’m not the best about tracking the cost of things. My prices above might not be exact but they are close.

found on another thread: Water Taxi one way is $5...

if different, let us know

I think round trip which is actually all day unlimited is $7. You can walk as well I think. I’ve never walked it but I think it is around 20 or 25 minutes if I recall.

We went to Friar's Bay Beach on Saturday. It was ok. The bar selling food was expensive, $15 for a burger and fries and it was just ok. The bar was also a little run down in our opinion and the bathrooms there were atrocious.

We were in St Maarten last week on the Equinox. We did Mullet Bay Beach. It was open and nice. Not much in the way of infrastructure but it was open and had beer and food. I’m doing a separate post in this forum.

Tom

Would love to know more information for bullet bay! Do you have any pics to share and do you remember the name of the place where you got beach chairs,food and drinks?!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In the past we have gone to Orient Beach which we loved. This past February (cruise) we did Great Bay Beach. We did not know what to expect. It turned out to be a great experience. Very convenient and well organized water taxi to and from beach (buy round trip, much cheaper). There were many areas with chairs and umbrellas. I think either 20 or 30 for the set. Little bars setup a few feet away to buy drinks (beer a bucket of 5 for $10), plus other drinks available. There were restaurants also open near where you were able to use toilet facilities. Each of the streets in the area had alot of construction going, but also alot of street vendors. Nearer to the water taxi were the higher end stores and they were all operational. Prices seemed to be good on items I looked at. they need the business and support. So we were quite surprised and fully enjoyed the day.

Also people seemed to say water on Great Bay not clean, but many people in water. From my perspective I could not tell of any issue. I am not a person to go into ocean water anyway, but sitting under a umbrella and walking the beach was great and relaxing. There were alot of people on the beach, but it did not seem either loud or obnoxious. Just very relaxing

Regarding pollution issues at Great Bay. The "people" reporting pollution concerns include the Nature Foundation and news paper reports. From what I have read over the years rain is the enemy of this beach and the main reason for this issue as overflow of a retention pond with sewage is what causes the problem. It's difficult to know when the water is safe to swim in and when it's not as they don't test and post and update. That's the dream actually.