Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:25 AM.
Fort Myers, FL USA
3,672 Posts
Joined Oct 2001
When purchasing cruise insurance note that pre-existing condition should play a part in selecting an insurance company. You may not be covered for that reason.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruiser Rich
New York, New York
1,275 Posts
Joined May 2000
Originally posted by njmomof2
I think medical evacuation is extremely important. Just saw a story last night on Nightly News about a woman who was medically evacuated for injuries and ended up with a bill over $30,000 from the medical transport company after her insurance paid only a very small portion.

Now I'm sure this was a domestic incident of an accident or injury and the medical personnel where she was taken deciding she needed upgraded care somewhere else. But, if medical flight transport could cost over $30,000 within the US, I don't want to think of the cost if you're out of the country and need to be brought home. I know I don't have that kind of money laying around, and once I leave the US, my medical won't cover me.

I always purchase a policy with $1 million in medical evacuation for piece of mind. I suggest you look at www.insuremytrip.com or www.squaremouth.com for more information and the ability to compare policies and the things that are important to you when you travel.
Its my understand that the US Coast Guard does not charge for evacuation.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
New York, New York
1,275 Posts
Joined May 2000
Originally posted by spleenstomper
63 days out is probably too late to get coverage, but still look.
You can get a policy with most carriers hours before you leave.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature