How long are the piers in Aruba and Curacao?

crazycruzer68

Aruba it isn't a very long way.

Curacao you will likely dock at one of the MEGA piers, and it is a very long way. I do not recall any transport option from the ship to the port exit, but i really wasn't paying attention.

That's a hard question for people without mobility issues because it's an easy walk therefore not memorable. I just got back a couple weeks ago and while I only have a sketchy memory of walking out to the street Aruba as I recall is about one city block or 300 ft with duty free shopping half way and Curacao twice as long with a walk over a pedestrian bridge.

This is Curacao. The walk on the pier is not that long, and you can see all the tour buses waiting for you.

enhance

However, if your tour is waiting for you outside the Rif Fort, or across the bay in the old part of Willemstadt, it will be a long walk. This shows the walk from the tour bus area to the Rif Fort:

enhance

This is the new mega pier, if there are two large ships. You can see where the buses will be waiting:

enhance

enhance

This is Aruba, courtesy of Google Earth. There are two terminals used by most cruise ships. If you are a little ship, you can dock in the angled piers where Freewinds is in the pic.

enhance

The terminal in lower center has straw market booths inside. The left terminal has fixed shops but still straw market type wares. Restrooms, too. If you are lucky, you will be at the second terminal, because you can walk straight through and up the street into town. You can see slanted parking slots for tour buses. If you are at the lower terminal, I'm not sure where you pick up buses, especially if there are two ships there. If there are two ships, the one that leaves first get the forward terminal.

This picture is from August 2016. there are a few changes...The bare areas in upper center are now a brick & mortar straw market and there is a trolley that runs into town.

Freewinds, formerly Boheme, belongs to Church of Scientology and sails between Curacao, Cartagena, Aruba as a 'training' ship.

enhanceEM

A few of us have mobility issues, is the pier a long walk and if so is there any transportation to get to the end and meet our tours?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, both have short distances to walk!

Its far longer to walk the piers at Cozumel, Grand Turk, Costa Maya, or Amber Cove! The walk UP that hill at Mahogany Bay in the heat isn't fun either! ;p