How long does the rocking last?

Nevada Jen

For most people, including me back when I had the issue, it's usually gone in about a week or 10 days. Some folks report it lasting longer some never experience it at all (that's my situation in recent years, not sure why I stopped having it). FYI, the technical term is mal de barquement and you can Google it for more info. :)

got off an 8 day cruise with 6 sea days on Sunday about noon. I'm still feeling like I'm rocking back and forth. How long does this last? I actually didn't notice it Sunday but I'm kinda maxed out with it right now.

When the seas calm down.

For me it lessened in both intensity and length after each cruise.

I don't feel it at all anymore, and kind of miss it.

Though I feel the motion on the ship it has never bothered me.

For most the brain will remember and it will be less each time until it goes away. But everyone is different and will react differently. Time between cruises can make a big difference too.

For me it lessened in both intensity and length after each cruise.

I don't feel it at all anymore, and kind of miss it.

Though I feel the motion on the ship it has never bothered me.

Ditto for me. I used to enjoy our stay at a motel after so I could pretend I was in one of the long passageways and feel the sway. ;)

Nevada Jen....Could this be a Nevada thing? I'm from Vegas and have had this "swaying" effect for the last few cruises too. I get to work on Monday morning and sitting at my desk I am just "swaying" in my office chair. It is rather annoying. It does take days for this to wear off. I thought it was just me but now I am clear that us desert rats just take longer to get over it. I will say one thing, I am NOT going to stop cruising!

I've had it last for up to a week. I agree it is annoying. The more I move around, the less I notice it. So, I guess I just have to stop being lazy after I get back from my cruise. I think last time I continued my twice daily ginger capsules, but I can't remember if it made any difference. Must be the mad cow.

got off an 8 day cruise with 6 sea days on Sunday about noon. I'm still feeling like I'm rocking back and forth. How long does this last? I actually didn't notice it Sunday but I'm kinda maxed out with it right now.

Its about a week for me. I once read that if you are susceptible to it, it will get worse with each cruise, but that has not been the case for me.

That is the WORSE part of the cruise for me.

I totally agree with this statement. After each cruise I say I am not going to go again because I can't deal with the sickness afterward. Of course, it's like pregnancy, you forget it and go another round. This will be cruise number 8 for us. Incidentally, several years ago I was diagnosed with a tumor on the cranial nerve the controls balance, this probably makes it worse for me.

Becky

I used to get them with every cruise but now I don't unless it is a cruise where the ship is really rocking. A few years ago we cruised and the ship stayed just on the out skirts of a hurricane and that ship rocked all the time except in port. I think I most of had the rocking at home going on 15 days. The worst was when in the shower and I closed my eyes to wash my hair.