Your Lido Buffet "Creations"

Anybody combine items from different sections of the buffet to make an "off menu" item? At breakfast I like putting bacon and peanut butter on a bagel. My next cruise I'm going to see if they have sliced swiss and 1000 island to add to my hotdog and sauerkraut to make a Reuben dog. Anybody else have any "recipes?"

If I don't do breakfast in the MDR, I create a breakfast bowl at the buffet. Scrambled eggs (they are otherwise inedible), hash browns, crumbled sausage, grilled onions and peppers (from the sausage conconction), tomatoes, fresh pico, melted cheese, and salsa.

Crumble a brownie or a couple of chocolate chip cookies. That's easy, they're usually REALLY dry.

Cut up a banana, keeping just the unbruised parts, like half.

Bury them under a layer of vanilla ice cream. Yeah. And I ate fruit.

Being from Western Pa, I like to make a nice salad and then got to the grill and add french fries and diced chicken to it. Here we call it a chicken salad and you can't beat it.

You can also add steak instead of chicken or jus add both!

I am from Southwestern PA and I agree that is a delicious way to eat salad. Now, I'm hungry for one, lol.

I don't know if this counts, but here's something I like to do. First, I go to the soft serve ice cream machine and put some ice cream in my Tervis tumbler. Then I get a carton of milk from the buffet and pour some in, take a spoon, and mix up my own milkshake. It goes great with a burger and fries from Guy's Burgers.:D

This was weird but it actually worked for me- I got the Mongolian wok with all veggies, noodles etc and skipped the sauce (szewhan - ignore spelling please- was too hot, the others didn't appeal). I then got chicken fingers, cut them up and added them plus the honey mustard dipping sauce that comes with them into the Mongolian wok bowl after it was cooked.

Really strange and I don't know why I tried it the first time, but I ended up getting that 3 times in a 5 day cruise for lunch!

I make croissant roll sandwiches, which the deli doesn't offer. I pick up a croissant roll, some deli meats, cheeses, vegetables (like at Subway), and honey mustard. Then I cut the roll into two horizontally, and fill it with the other ingredients. Sometimes I fill it with a chicken salad or whatever else I think goes well in a sandwich.

We've really missed the roast beef since it's been discontinued from the deli. :(

But now - the day we board - we get a slice of the carved roast beef from the buffet line and add it to the country roll, mayo, cheese with LTO from the deli.

Voilà...a pretty tasty roast beef sandwich!

I make croissant roll sandwiches, which the deli doesn't offer. I pick up a croissant roll, some deli meats, cheeses, vegetables (like at Subway), and honey mustard. Then I cut the roll into two horizontally, and fill it with the other ingredients. Sometimes I fill it with a chicken salad or whatever else I think goes well in a sandwich.

I do the same thing for breakfast sandwiches. A bagel or english muffin, an egg, some bacon or sausage and a slice or two of cheese.

Yummy.... ;)

I recently thought of this, and haven't tried it, but from the outside grill, take some french fries, add some cheese, then go inside to the salad bar and add some bacon bits.

You now have bacon and cheese fries.

I do the milkshake too but with chocolate ice cream and chocolate milk! I also use the vanilla ice cream for flavored coffee creamer...yum!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Crumble a brownie or a couple of chocolate chip cookies. That's easy, they're usually REALLY dry.

Cut up a banana, keeping just the unbruised parts, like half.

Bury them under a layer of vanilla ice cream. Yeah. And I ate fruit.

Never tried the brownie idea but a couple of smashed up chocolate cookies under some vanilla ice cream was the BEST!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would never thought to have made my own milk shake... I'll be doing that. Thanks!!

Going to try the milkshake next cruise, great idea!

Hmmm. I guess it's too late to patent that idea and make money off of it. :D Oh well.... Happy cruising everybody!!

Edited by beachbum53