Costa yes!!!!

asalnars

Hello.

After reading so many bad reviews about Costa I was very wary about taking a cruise with them. I purchased a Baltic cruise on Costa Magica that left Stockholm on the 16th of June.

I am an experienced cruiser and this was my 14th cruise.

Happy to report that myself and four companions had a super time and no longer will be wary about booking Costa.

We chose this cruise for 3 reasons, ports of call, price and a decent price for our companion who was traveling alone.

I would rate the whole experience as very good but not excellent.

The only thing missing with Costa is free style dining which all the other lines now have.

So don't be afraid to try Costa.

Regards.

Hi,

It is good to know that you did overall enjoy your cruise on the Magica, price wise they take some beating.

Don't think they will ever get back to the wonderful days of the nineties & early noughts when the food was out of this world, but they are steadily improving and hopefully will bring in more modern dining choices.

Hello.

After reading so many bad reviews about Costa I was very wary about taking a cruise with them. I purchased a Baltic cruise on Costa Magica that left Stockholm on the 16th of June.

Happy to report that myself and four companions had a super time and no longer will be wary about booking Costa.

We chose this cruise for 3 reasons, ports of call, price and a decent price for our companion who was traveling alone.

The only thing missing with Costa is free style dining which all the other lines now have.

Regards.

What type of cabins and deck did you occupy and what is your overall opinion of such? It will be just my wife and myself and we usually have gotten an Oceanview on our past cruises although we were upgraded to a balcony on the Equinox.

Hi.

I had a balcony cabin on deck 6. Costa Magica is the exact same class of ship as the Valor Class of Carnival. If you changed the funnel of the ship to the whale of Carnival you would not know that your not on a Carnival cruise.

Cabin was typical of Carnival ships and other lines.

• 1 month later...
Hello.

Regards.

Thank you for your post. I have a few questions: I'm looking at a Transatlantic on Costa this fall. Was there any problem communicating with the crew, I'm from the US and don't speak Italian? Did you contact many Americans on the ship. I'm surprised that Costa didn't have select dining (Free Style), so were you assigned a table? I love the Conquest class ships (Valor), that's a plus. Thanks.

Thank you for your post. I have a few questions: I'm looking at a Transatlantic on Costa this fall. Was there any problem communicating with the crew, I'm from the US and don't speak Italian? Did you contact many Americans on the ship. I'm surprised that Costa didn't have select dining (Free Style), so were you assigned a table? I love the Conquest class ships (Valor), that's a plus. Thanks.

I did a Transatlantic on Costa last year (Favolosa) from Guadeloupe to Marseilles.

There were actually a lot of French on board as they often Winter in Guadeloupe.

I agree the ships are the same as Carnival ships even down to the furniture so felt quite at home.

The crew all speak English, mainly Filipino Indonesian etc same as other lines.

I was assigned a table with other English speakers. Very few Americans on board. Trivia was a good way to meet other English speakers too.

Hello,

My husband and I did a Costa cruise in the Baltics two years ago and loved it. All the crew spoke English, as well as the entertainers. As far as we could tell we were the only Americans on board, but we did meet some Canadians. We practiced some basic Italian before we left and used it often. Of the Italian couples we hung out with, at least one spoke English so it was really not a problem. Have fun!!