Helsinki

LondonTowner

The HOHO buses pull up outside the ship.We used them,quite reasonable.You can get a ticket that includes the harbour and river cruise.Cheers,Brian.

Thanks. Yes, I know that, but didn't want to do the HOHO.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Helsinki port authority used to provide their own shuttle bus but it was at cost whatever type of fare you booked dont know if it has changed recently.

I think we get the shuttle buses included, if there is one.

We're been twice to Helsinki. The first time the shuttle was included and the second time we were on a saver fare and I think it was 6 euros each. The second time we used the HOBO bus. The stop was just across the road from where the Cunard bus dropped you off.

On this little hill is where they dropped us off (same both times):

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@60.1661071,24.9436114,3a,75y,226.33h,72.6t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sFb9in0kp_Fa72RxdtnN2DA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Then down the hill and to the right, just behind the big pink and white building is where we got on the HOBO bus.

Helsinki was our favourite place on both Baltic cruises.

Depending on where your sightseeing explorations take you:

There are also a number of public transportation lines that got the port.

For me it was more comfortable to catch one of those instead of returning to the centre.

We're been twice to Helsinki. The first time the shuttle was included and the second time we were on a saver fare and I think it was 6 euros each. The second time we used the HOBO bus. The stop was just across the road from where the Cunard bus dropped you off.

On this little hill is where they dropped us off (same both times):

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@60.1661071,24.9436114,3a,75y,226.33h,72.6t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sFb9in0kp_Fa72RxdtnN2DA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Then down the hill and to the right, just behind the big pink and white building is where we got on the HOBO bus.

Helsinki was our favourite place on both Baltic cruises.

Was the Helsinki HOHO worth doing. We've done lots of them but Dublin and Barcelona were the best by far.

Depending on where your sightseeing explorations take you:

There are also a number of public transportation lines that got the port.

For me it was more comfortable to catch one of those instead of returning to the centre.

That's also an option.

Was the Helsinki HOHO worth doing. We've done lots of them but Dublin and Barcelona were the best by far.

It was okay, it took you a long way out of the city centre. It was not cheap as I recall, maybe 30E each ? We took it because we'd been to Helsinki before. I do remember it was not very regular. We did have to wait a very long time for it to arrive. But I suppose it was quite early. We never hopped off, we just stayed on until it came back to our starting point.

The first trip we walked up the main road to the National Museum of Finland (you go past the Parliament Building), that is quiet good. Also the National History Museum is good and on the way back, just off the same main road. It's not on the scale of London's but it's pretty good.

It was okay, it took you a long way out of the city centre. It was not cheap as I recall, maybe 30E each ? We took it because we'd been to Helsinki before. I do remember it was not very regular. We did have to wait a very long time for it to arrive. But I suppose it was quite early. We never hopped off, we just stayed on until it came back to our starting point.

The first trip we walked up the main road to the National Museum of Finland (you go past the Parliament Building), that is quiet good. Also the National History Museum is good and on the way back, just off the same main road. It's not on the scale of London's but it's pretty good.

In some cities the HOHO buses are a waste of time. Mind you, as a disabled person I get free travel in Helsinki, so maybe that would be better. I like to be organised before we get to places so my OH isn't pushing me miles.

In some cities the HOHO buses are a waste of time. Mind you, as a disabled person I get free travel in Helsinki, so maybe that would be better. I like to be organised before we get to places so my OH isn't pushing me miles.

We have not been on very many. Just Helsinki, Talin, Stockholm (the island in the middle was closed off the day we went, teh HOBO person was not happy about that) and Copenhagen (that one was not brilliant). My wife likes them but I find them a bit boring (I can put up with them).

We have not been on very many. Just Helsinki, Talin, Stockholm (the island in the middle was closed off the day we went, teh HOBO person was not happy about that) and Copenhagen (that one was not brilliant). My wife likes them but I find them a bit boring (I can put up with them).

Yes, they can be hit or miss. When we went to the Baltic previously we had an overnight in Stockholm as well as SPB. In Stockholm we port a 24 hour travel card and went everywhere on it. It was the only thing that was cheap. We liked Stockholm, but not going there this time.

I think we get the shuttle buses included, if there is one.

The last time I went to Helsinki the shuttle bus was supplied by a private coach company and arranged by port authority and was nothing to do with Cunard so didnt matter whether you were on Select or Saver fare everybody had to pay. This might have changed since as we all know things are changing all the time.

I am sure the last time we were in Helsinki we docked in the West port, and we walked a few hundred yards to to the tram stop. We bought a day pass and had an amazing time!

Have a look at the port authority web site to find out where you will be docked, then a map to see if there is a tram stop nearby. Very good value and heaps of fun just going where you want and when you want. The network is extensive.

I am sure the last time we were in Helsinki we docked in the West port, and we walked a few hundred yards to to the tram stop. We bought a day pass and had an amazing time!

Have a look at the port authority web site to find out where you will be docked, then a map to see if there is a tram stop nearby. Very good value and heaps of fun just going where you want and when you want. The network is extensive.

Yes, I have done already. We dock at West Harbour. Is the tram stop nearby as OH has to push me in wheelchair? Thanks

Yes, I have done already. We dock at West Harbour. Is the tram stop nearby as OH has to push me in wheelchair? Thanks

As far as I can remember it was probably not more than 400yds, but very flat. We bought the day pass from a machine there.

There a shuttle bus when QE docked there three weeks ago. I believe it was free. There was also a HOHO bus and you could buy the tickets on the ship the day before, or buy as you board it was charged to our onboard account as we boarded. i Think it was about $ $35 .

We enjoyed the HOHO bus lots to see along the way.

We got off near the large square and walked around the main area of Helsinki. Enjoy your cruise.