Premium drinks package not offered - Legend of the Seas

• 1 month later...

I had "purchased" the premium drinks package for 0$ with receipts and confirmations 6 months ago and it was shown as purchased on my cruise account. Then last month it disappeared. I spent 2 hours arguing with customer service by phone, that it must have been a promotion and they kept saying you didn't pay anything so your not getting anything.

Finally when I got passed to "resolutions" someone apologized for the misunderstanding and said I would be sent 2 bottles of wine as an apology for my 2 hours on the phone with them. But the drinks package would not happen and would not be honored on the ship.

I heard later that 30 people on my upcoming cruise had this happen. Was there a way to get them to honor the booking?

• 2 months later...

I all, sorry it's taken me so long to respond to your thread.

I also recieved that awful email in March and have been fighting for my rights ever since. After several emails, consisting of "to bad so sad" (real wording "life doesn't always go the way you want" which is just a bad) I have contacted the loyalty department. After upscaling the complaint and recieving the "we will give you an answer in 72 hours" I am no further than anyone else.

Also they say there has not been another complaint. I think a copy and paste of this thread might have disproved that assumption. Thanks for mentioning the 30 people affected by this fiasco.

Did any one go to the authroities or consumer complaints? We intend to lodge in WA if this is not resloved to my satisfaction. How did the Victorian board recieve your complaint?

Finally, being only 2 points off Diamond membership,and with four more curises booked in the next 15 months, we suggested giving us access to the Diamond lounge as compensation. Short answer "not on you life".

I'll be back in a few days to report my findings. I think anyone in Australia reading this should email crownandacnhor.au@rcclapac.com ATTENTION KATHY with your email recipt and any corrospondance with respect to the above. That we be might get somewhere - with an almost class action.

Regards,

Lyssa

I all, sorry it's taken me so long to respond to your thread.

I also recieved that awful email in March and have been fighting for my rights ever since. After several emails, consisting of "to bad so sad" (real wording "life doesn't always go the way you want" which is just a bad) I have contacted the loyalty department. After upscaling the complaint and recieving the "we will give you an answer in 72 hours" I am no further than anyone else.

Also they say there has not been another complaint. I think a copy and paste of this thread might have disproved that assumption. Thanks for mentioning the 30 people affected by this fiasco.

Did any one go to the authroities or consumer complaints? We intend to lodge in WA if this is not resloved to my satisfaction. How did the Victorian board recieve your complaint?

Finally, being only 2 points off Diamond membership,and with four more curises booked in the next 15 months, we suggested giving us access to the Diamond lounge as compensation. Short answer "not on you life".

I'll be back in a few days to report my findings. I think anyone in Australia reading this should email crownandacnhor.au@rcclapac.com ATTENTION KATHY with your email recipt and any corrospondance with respect to the above. That we be might get somewhere - with an almost class action.

Regards,

Lyssa

Your email address to complain is spelled wrong - it should be anchor NOT acnhor.

Edited by nancronin

Sorry about the typo:o, but I hope it manages to get the message across to RCCL. There are a lot of not happy:mad: guests out here in cyberland who will soon be sailing on their ship.

Mum and I have vowed not to purchace anything extra that goes directly to RCCL. So we will be doing out own tours. I'm even thinking about changing cruise lines for our next cruise this year. At least P&O leave and return to Perth so it means less flying.

Hope to met you all soon.

Lyssa.

Hi all,

I'm happy to report a resolution to the drinks package fiasco:). After much ado, we have been given an on board credit of $USD100 per person affected by the "computer glitch". Personally, Mum and I are happy with this result as we most probably won't spend much over that on alcoholic drinks. I am very pleased with the service and respect offered by RCCL's loyalty ambassador Kathy in this matter. She has come back to me in a timely fashion, using polite language and offering a resolution that is satisfactory to all parties.

Hope this helps anyone else fighting for the same result and that a similar good will gesture is offered to you. I think this shows good judgement on behalf of RCCL to meet it customers half way.

See you all on board in 64 days.

Regards,

Lyssa,

Robandlil,

Have you managed to get a resolution in the US?

Island - what about you? Have you contacted Kathy and her team.

For anyone else out ther following this thread, I hope you to get something as compensation as RCCL has effectively admited an error.

MrHumpty - are you still chasing?

Hope to chat in person with you soon.

Lyssa.

Robandlil,

Have you managed to get a resolution in the US?

Island - what about you? Have you contacted Kathy and her team.

For anyone else out ther following this thread, I hope you to get something as compensation as RCCL has effectively admited an error.

MrHumpty - are you still chasing?

Hope to chat in person with you soon.

Lyssa.

Hi Lyssa,

Good on you for getting $100. We got nowhere with RC so we gave in and bought drink packages when they were on sale.

We will wait and see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...
Just stumbled across this on another thread - Drink package changes from next week - no Premium package any more. Not sure what it will mean for our drinks packages now.

This is the thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/showthread.php?t=2397588

Yes, we saw this too. We were hoping to upgrade our Select package to Premium onboard. If we have to upgrade to the new Deluxe package, it will be more expensive. :confused: :confused: :confused:

• 3 weeks later...

This is one reason we gave up on RCCL years ago. Too much nickel and diming over the little things. Two bucks for a coke. Six bucks for a beer. And so on. Started sailing RSSC a few years ago. EVERYTHING is included. The only time you have to show your card is to leave and board the ship. I'm hooked.