Cabin assigned

lbfluffy

We booked an OC guarantee on the Grand for our December cruise and just got assigned room P336. I was hoping for an upgrade, but I’m happy we are on the Grand again and we got an awesome price.

The room is right by the International Cafe. I do love the cookies.

Well I just checked with Princess. My agent didn’t put in for a meta upgrade so the Princess agent changed it to a meta upgrade for me. She said that could trigger the system to upgrade me. If not I’m ok being close to the International Cafe. I love that place.

I was in the near-identical cabin on the opposite side of the ship--P335 on Star Princess.

You are aware that this is a quad cabin with the upper berths mounted on the wall, not flush to the ceiling?

And directly across from you, rather than interior cabins, are doors to a back room purser's office (dating back to pre-refit when the customer service desk and/or excursions desk was on Plaza). Which you will hear opening and closing 24/7. Supplementing the normal echoes you hear when in a cabin at a dead-end. That door in the hallway between your cabin and the IC is a service door for crew only.

I was in the near-identical cabin on the opposite side of the ship--P335 on Star Princess.

You are aware that this is a quad cabin with the upper berths mounted on the wall, not flush to the ceiling?

And directly across from you, rather than interior cabins, are doors to a back room purser's office (dating back to pre-refit when the customer service desk and/or excursions desk was on Plaza). Which you will hear opening and closing 24/7. Supplementing the normal echoes you hear when in a cabin at a dead-end. That door in the hallway between your cabin and the IC is a service door for crew only.

It’s only two of us. I’m not sure why we are in a quad.

It’s only two of us. I’m not sure why we are in a quad.

Plenty of time for you to get an upgrade/upsell. This cruise isn't selling that well. I have my fingers crossed for you.

I did go and check for you though. There are five other cabins in that area. P301 and P302 are two-person cabins. Maybe see if your TA can switch you?

Edited by partybarbie

Plenty of time for you to get an upgrade/upsell. This cruise isn't selling that well. I have my fingers crossed for you.

I did go and check for you though. There are five other cabins in that area. P301 and P302 are two-person cabins. Maybe see if your TA can switch you?

I think I’ll leave it. If it’s a quad maybe more likely I’ll be upgraded. But if not I know a very friendly person in a mini suite I can visit! Lol!!

I think I’ll leave it. If it’s a quad maybe more likely I’ll be upgraded. But if not I know a very friendly person in a mini suite I can visit! Lol!!

:D I almost posted earlier that it didn't matter what cabin you were in because you were welcome to come "party it up" in the mini-suite.

Unless you like often bumping your head or shoulders on the bunks which stick out from the wall, you should switch to a cabin without the extra two bunks.

Unless you like often bumping your head or shoulders on the bunks which stick out from the wall, you should switch to a cabin without the extra two bunks.

Thank you. I certainly don’t want to bump my head.

I thought since we have our beds pushed together the beds on the walk shouldn’t be a problem. They won’t be pulled out.

That's when the beds on the wall are even more of a problem! Even when folded up and not in use, because they stick out so much, they obstruct the walkway on each side of the bed. The photo below is an inside on the Regal, but the layout is the same. I would move heaven and earth to switch to a non-quad cabin and forget about calculating what might work for potential upgrades. You can't count on upgrades but you sure can count on those bunks being in your way.

11269842136_927d0e331b_c.jpg

We booked an OC guarantee on the Grand for our December cruise and just got assigned room P336. I was hoping for an upgrade, but I’m happy we are on the Grand again and we got an awesome price.

The room is right by the International Cafe. I do love the cookies.

That is a horrible location , bring your ear plugs.

That's when the beds on the wall are even more of a problem! Even when folded up and not in use, because they stick out so much, they obstruct the walkway on each side of the bed. The photo below is an inside on the Regal, but the layout is the same. I would move heaven and earth to switch to a non-quad cabin and forget about calculating what might work for potential upgrades. You can't count on upgrades but you sure can count on those bunks being in your way.

11269842136_927d0e331b_c.jpg

You are correct, get up in the middle of the night half asleep and you will bump your head.

You are correct, get up in the middle of the night half asleep and you will bump your head.

Agree, this is one of the very few cabin types we will not sail in. To us it is worse than a noisy cabin. They will probably move you for no charge. Besure to have a deck layout and cabin that you would like in mind. Good luck.