On the Escape...curious

Rich_NY

Every receipt you sign for (Starbucks, drinks, dining) says 20% gratuity included...there is a line for additional tips. So do you give additional tips and why? Just curious. I feel like 20% is a good tip already. Do the servers even get that money?

Every receipt you sign for (Starbucks, drinks, dining) says 20% gratuity included...there is a line for additional tips. So do you give additional tips and why? Just curious. I feel like 20% is a good tip already. Do the servers even get that money?

Yes, there is another line on the receipt for additional tips. You do not need to pay additional tips unless you wanted to if they did you a favor. For example, from more food or letting you into the restaurant earlier than the time you requested. Who knows where the money go to.

20% is the minimum tip. You can leave more for execelent service.

Unless someone goes above and beyond, no. It used to be standard with us - the extra tipping. Even in the buffet, we would leave a few dollars on the table. Now that the DSC has steadily increased, I only leave extra if someone goes above the norm service wise.

We usually tip an extra dollar (cash) per drink if it is a mixed drink. If they are just opening a beer or filling a wine glass from an already opened bottle we will give them a dollar after a couple of servings. We have always had excellent service. But extra tips are not expected and I have not observed any decrease in service to those that do not tip extra. Extra tipping is more the exception rather than the rule. We also tip extra in cash in the specialty restaurants. We always bring a stash of ones, fives and tens for this purpose.

Mary Ann

In bars, tips are generally pooled...even in land restaurants/bars. The waiters often share their tips with the bus person and host/hostess...so don't worry about "where the tips go"...they go to the folks who are supposed to get them.

20% is what you're supposed to tip for excellent service. No need to tip more.

i usually give extra cash to the guy or gal that becomes by "go to" bartender for the week.

if i had a daily starbucks on board, id probably slip a $5 spot to my regular barista particulary if it got to the point wher they knew my order when i walked up.