Cabin on deck 10 on Fantasy

DukeBlueDevil

We just booked a verandah cabin on deck 10 on the Fantasy...a travel agent mentioned to me that she would not recommend deck 10 because of noise from the pool...

Does anyone have an experience with this they could share?

Thanks!

We had deck 10 verandah on our first Fantasy cruise. It was located underneath what was then the Aarcade (now Sweet On You ice cream parlor) and starboard entry into Cabanas.

I wasn't any noisier than any other room we've been in on other cruises. Yes, we could hear people walking (on occasion) and we did hear the bass in the music quite clearly on Pirate night during the after party, but it didn't last long.

My caveat: We also had a deck 9 room on the next (B2B) cruise on the Fantasy. That room was the noisiest room we've ever been in. The disclaimer, the noise was not location or ship related. It was the fact that on one side of us we had 3 connecting rooms that the kids (at least I hope it was kids) loved to take laps through the connecting doors/verandahs, day and night. And on the other side, 2 connecting rooms that someone in there apparently thought that jumping off the bunk bed was the only way to get off (accompanied with a kamikaze yell). Then there were the groups on deck 10 who seemed to feel the only way to go up and down the passageway was running foot races. Especially at night.

I'm with Shmoo--I've experienced far more noise from fellow guests than from anything relating to a ship location. The only thing I would avoid due to ship noise is a room right below the nightclubs. DCL pools close early compared to other lines, so unless you are concerned about afternoon naps, this isn't an issue. If you mean cleaning the pool deck at night, yes, people have reported noise from moving chairs. Any room aft will have some thruster noise while the ship is docking--doesn't last long.

And if you have noise issues due to other guests, a call to Guest Services will result in a "reminder" to the offending guests.

We had a balcony at the way back of the ship on deck ten. We were underneath cabanas. We heard chairs being moved around every morning from about 4/5am. It's LOUD because they drag and drop them. Lounge chairs would be similar. If you are able to move, I would. My kids slept through it, but my husband and I are light sleepers. That aft balcony made it bearable though. :cool: