Have You Ever . . .

ger_77

Been on a cruise and had your curling iron break? It happened to me while we were on a trans-Atlantic in November - it slipped off the desk and basically fell apart. The worst part was it happened on the 2nd day of our 8 day "Atlantic" portion of the trip and you can not buy curling irons on the ship. They aren't available, even in the hair salon.

I have poker straight hair and was desperate, so I took the pieces to Guest Services who had their repair centre look at it - initially I was told they couldn't repair things belonging to guests, but when I appealed to them almost in tears (with ridiculously straight hair), they backed off and said they would see what they could do. Apparently the chief engineer put it back together again (for which I was eternally grateful) and had it delivered to our cabin about 20 minutes before we were to be at dinner. I made sure to mention this incident with huge gobs of gratitude in my end of cruise survey, and wrote a thank you note to the chief engineer for getting me out of a real jam.

We usually think of things we may need as a back-up, but I've never thought I'd need to bring an extra curling iron!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I have heard of guest's items being fixed before. Probably it's not something the cruise lines want to broadcast or people would bring broken items onboard to get them fixed for free.;) Glad you were able to get your curling iron repaired.

Sounds like you had very helpful staff on board:).....I don't use a blow dryer/curling iron or any other electrical devices

so would not need any backups for them;).

Glad you received the help you needed:)

Sounds like you had very helpful staff on board.....I don't use a blow dryer/curling iron or any other electrical devices

so would not need any backups for them.

Glad you received the help you needed

You must be blessed with thick and/or curly hair; sadly, I've got fine straight hair that after one exasperating afternoon in the salon, the owner (a good friend of mine) said: "Girl, you're the only person I know with budgie armpit hair." He wasn't far off. LOL

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)