Teppanyaki Restaurant To Debut On Carnival Horizon Cruise Ship

LauraS

i hope they have regular table with regular chairs. i hated hated those high chair and table at the regular Bonsai on both the sunshine and vista

Bonsai Teppanyaki, on Carnival Horizon, will be open for lunch on sea days and for dinner every night. Given that the seating capacity is 16 people, reservations are highly recommended.

thats crazy small..hopefully they expand it in the future.

I'm wondering why Carnival is placing so much emphasis on Asian cuisine. They already have a "for a fee" Asian venue in JiJis. Why is Carnival placing further emphasis on Asian cuisine? There are so many other cuisines they could explore.

I'm wondering why Carnival is placing so much emphasis on Asian cuisine. They already have a "for a fee" Asian venue in JiJis. Why is Carnival placing further emphasis on Asian cuisine? There are so many other cuisines they could explore.

My guess is that people like it

Sent from my iPad using Forums

because it's popular, is that better, and with a talented Chef, Teppanyakis are so much fun

That's why we want to do it. We go all the time to local restaurants like that and I would love to do it on a ship. I was reading the article to my wife last night and she asked "Do we have a cruise booked on the Horizon?"

"Not yet...".

I think Jimbo's guess is 100% accurate. Unless someone here is an upper management Carnival insider we are unlikely to get a more detailed response. If Carnival didn't think it would do well they wouldn't do it. I suspect they did some research and thought this would be a good idea. It certainly is to me as I love that type of food and experience.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I hope it is in the traditional Japanese style meaning good conversation with the chef and spectacular taste of the food directly off the grill. I hope it is not the Rocky Aoki version with sirloin flying through the air and four shrimp made to feed four couples. I have been checking every day to make a reservation, but I guess 12/1 is when the ship gets the internet installed.

That's why we want to do it. We go all the time to local restaurants like that and I would love to do it on a ship. I was reading the article to my wife last night and she asked "Do we have a cruise booked on the Horizon?"

"Not yet...".

I think Jimbo's guess is 100% accurate. Unless someone here is an upper management Carnival insider we are unlikely to get a more detailed response. If Carnival didn't think it would do well they wouldn't do it. I suspect they did some research and thought this would be a good idea. It certainly is to me as I love that type of food and experience.

While a couple might have thought my reply was being cute, it was not. The concept is fairly innovative and more eating options are clearly what cruisers want. The ability to interact with the “chef” and how far that goes will remain to be seen. Carnival is the FUN ships so I think it safe to say their will be interaction. We are looking forward to trying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

While a couple might have thought my reply was being cute, it was not. The concept is fairly innovative and more eating options are clearly what cruisers want. The ability to interact with the “chef” and how far that goes will remain to be seen. Carnival is the FUN ships so I think it safe to say their will be interaction. We are looking forward to trying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Jimbo, you are correct. Interaction/putting on a show is part of the teppanyaki experience.

Being the fun ship, I agree with you that there will be even more of a show/interaction than we see at our local teppanyaki restaurants