Horizon or vista?

Cruznjuly

Debating cruising Horizon in June.

Can sail Vista same price.

A little worried about new ship hiccups with Horizon, even though she will have so many new features, compared to Vista.

Itineraries aren’t a game changer, nor is port.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Based on my previous readings about the Horizon....the changes are minimal. As I am sure you know, The Horizon will be a sister ship to the Vista and is the same class of ship. The Horizon will have already had 2 months of sailings (in Europe) by the time she arrives in NY...so all the hiccups should be worked out by then.

Both ships are the 2 newest of Carnivals fleet....so I don't think you can go wrong with either choice and since you said price was similar and itineraries/ports do not make a difference....I guess its time to flip a coin??

A little worried about new ship hiccups with Horizon, even though she will have so many new features, compared to Vista.

Thoughts?

The one thing I would worry about is the customer service aspect. We travelled on the Vista in June of last year, and several things weren’t up to Carnival’s usual top notch service. The crew was new to the ship at that point and hadn’t quite jelled and they were still learning about the ships unique features. We are giving the Vista another go this June.

I would choose the Horizon. Even though she is the sister ship to the Vista, she will have a few new tweaks and improvements such as the flip flopping of the piano bar location wise because of a structural pole that was a view blocker. I'm sure that many of the experienced crew members from the Vista will make the switch to the Horizon which will result in less headaches than was originally on the Vista. Because of the rave reviews, I would also look into a Havana area cabin, whether it be inside, lanai or aft balcony.

Thoughts?

I sailed on Vista about three weeks ago, and I had a ball. It was 18 of us. I loved Vista, and want to sail on her again very soon. I loved the layout of the ship, most of the food, and all that it had to offer, as far as entertainment, and things to do. I am also looking forward to sailing on Horizon in the near future. If you're worried about new ship hiccups, then do Vista, you won't be sorry.

FYI....The Horizon will be expanding the number of Havana cabins on this ship.... Currently about 130 passengers have access to Havana Aft 5 area ..... This will increase to about 165-170 on Horizon. Just a bit more crowding possible

But those crew members that are so great on Vista will more than likely be part of the initial start-up crew on the Horizon.

I would think they would take from a variety of ships and not all from one ship, and the Horizon will definitely have a new cruise director-

not Matt :(

Just looking at pictures of Vista and Horizon there are major changes to the aft portion of the Horizon. The brew pub is sponsored by a Fieri BBQ joint and a teppan grill has been added. I am sure there are changes being made to the new ship systems to make economic and operational improvements from lessons learned on Vista.