Spirit in summer 2019

rocklinmom

I am waiting for summer 2019 British Isles cruises to be released, which is supposedly going to be on the Spirit out of Southampton. The NCL press release gave a release date of mid-January. If anyone who is also looking at these cruises notices when they are released, can you please update here on CC? Once school gets back in session in January I might be too busy to remember to check. I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting for these itineraries.

British isles cruise will be on spirit and sure it will be really pricy , we are in spirit right now and we are very disappointed [emoji17], even if u pay 4000 euro for your cruise , the quality of the food is the same [emoji107].princess or royal is maybe a better option for British isles cruise [emoji568]

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Forums

I am waiting for summer 2019 British Isles cruises to be released, which is supposedly going to be on the Spirit out of Southampton. The NCL press release gave a release date of mid-January. If anyone who is also looking at these cruises notices when they are released, can you please update here on CC? Once school gets back in session in January I might be too busy to remember to check. I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting for these itineraries.

I’m sure it will be mentioned on here when they are released. There are quite a few of us waiting on them to be released.

As a counter to the last post, we are going on the Spirit for the 4th time in a couple of months, and are very happy that it will be the ship doing Norway in 2019, as that is where we were planning on going that Summer and we love the Spirit.

Each to their own I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will caveat this by saying I haven't actually sailed on Spirit, but nor would I based on the age and reported condition of the ship, particularly the staterooms.

I know Spirit has many fans but the cabins are just too dated for my liking. I understand the public areas of the ship get refreshed with carpets and new soft furnishings, but I also gather the last dry dock was supposed to be more extensive but they cut it short.

I am surprised they still intend for Spirit to be in the fleet for 2019.

On another note, can someone explain why cruises of the British Isles are so expensive (I live near Edinburgh, so have no desire to cruise around the UK, but any time I see an itinerary it is hideously more expensive than many other routes). I assume higher port fees are part of the reason (everything in Britain is more expensive!), but also presumably due to the limited season (summer only) and relative lack of supply leads to higher prices?

we have sailed on Spirit and the older ships and also the newer mega ships

we enjoy them all but do actually prefer the older ships with soaring atrium and intimate atmosphere

sailing Epic transatlantic in April and Breakaway Baltics in July

but also looking with interest for Spirit 2019 itineraries

• 1 month later...

Well that is always possible considering her age. But they don't have any unassigned ships for summer 2019 other than her, so I hope that wouldn't lead to no Northern Europe cruises next year. I hope they would announce that so we could look elsewhere.

What I was hoping is the itinerary that NCL has done in the past which is Capital Cities of Northern Europe, that leaves out of Southampton and goes to Amsterdam, Oslo, Copenhagen and a few other cities. They did the itinerary this past fall and was told they would most likely would repeat it in 2019 because it is popular. My problem is I cannot be gone the last week of the month due to work or the first 2 business days.So need to see itinerary dates. I have already booked my second choice for our big 2019 cruise which is returning to Japan on the Diamond Princess but our first choice was to see Northern Europe on NCL.

I heard mentioned somewhere else the rumor of the Spirit possibly being sold and it would not surprise me. I would just like to know for sure what is going on.

We did Europe in 2016, and Japan this past year, 2018 we are staying on the West Coast of US having just returned from a HAL cruise to Mexico, next up is Bliss:D, then a Princess West Coast Cruise.