Review: Serenade 11-Day, Southern Caribbean

Terre

I don't know. They had some tiny little sandwiches, a ham and cheese, a proscuitto (SP?), a turkey, I think and some kind of veggie sandwich. They had some salads, and pizza in the evening. Lunch was the same, but I can't remember if they had pizza at lunch or not. They had a soup every evening, too. They had prepacked egg salad, but I was afraid to get that. I don't think Park Cafe on the Serenade is like the one on the Oasis, but I could be wrong, I can't really remember the one on the Oasis.

The Oasis class Park Café is 4 times bigger than those on the Radiance class and Vision class ships. The prepacked egg salad, and other sandwiches are not bad on the smaller ships. Like the dining room menus, their menus are similar fleet wise.

When we must disembark very early on the final morning, we will have a sandwich, from the Park café the day before, in our fridge for a quick start before heading to the airport.

Rick and Deirdra

Really? They won't punch your seapass card? We normally cruise Celebrity and never had that issue. Cruising on Serenade in Feb... hmmm...

If you get a Guest Services officer who knows exactly where to punch the hole, you should be fine. The newest type cards have an embedded RFID chip, and some Guest Services officers won't punch a hole for fear of destroying the chip.

Thanks for sharing, Terre. I would like to sail on Serenade at some point, and your itinerary would work fine for me. :D That bed, however, not so much! :eek:

Nancy, the itinerary is great, and I would hope that all the beds are not like that. I like the Serenade, it's a nice ship. We've sailed on the Freedom and Oasis as well and of the three the Freedom is my favorite.

Hi! Did you notice if the Serenade has the Freestyle Coca Cola machines in the Windjammer or elsewhere on board for those who purchase the soda package? Also, did you try the Rita's Cantina?

Thanks! We are sailing in less than 90 days and are super excited! :o)

No freestyle machines and, no we did try Rita's.

Thank you. I actually subscribed to FionaMG's thread, but for some reason don't get all the emails saying there are new posts. And well.. with the holiday weekend, got sidetracked.

Thanx,

Erika

Just posted the Day 8 Compass now. :)

Have been trying to post a link to my album so you can see more pictures of the ship and ports. Let's see if this works:

Click here for my Serenade of the Seas Album: th_IMG_1048%20-%20Copy.jpg

YAY! Finally! There are captions under each photo.

Really? They won't punch your seapass card? We normally cruise Celebrity and never had that issue. Cruising on Serenade in Feb... hmmm...

I had mine punched for free at Guest Services. If you get it punched in the terminal there is a charge so go to Guest Services on the Serenade.

Enjoyed reading your review. We have hump cabin 8102 for the April TA

Ontario Cruiser

You will enjoy that balcony. It's just a little bigger, but the both of us could sit on it with plenty of room left.

Fabulous review and pictures. Thanks!

As a lover of good soup, I really appreciate your pics. But the most uplifting detail was your reference to the pumpkin seed rolls. We’re really glad that they are still around. Awesome!

Fabulous review and pictures. Thanks!

As a lover of good soup, I really appreciate your pics. But the most uplifting detail was your reference to the pumpkin seed rolls. We’re really glad that they are still around. Awesome!

The pumpkin seed rolls are very good. We didn't have a soup that we didn't like, they are all very good.

• 4 weeks later...

This is a very nice review. We enjoyed the ship and the cruise immensely and have booked another

cruise on this ship embarking Ded 10 2018:

Serenade Of The Seas

Departure Port: Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Ports of Call: Fort Lauderdale, Florida; Willemstad, Curacao; Oranjestad, Aruba; Kralendijk, Bonaire; Castries, St. Lucia; St. John's, Antigua; Fort Lauderdale, Florida

11 NIGHT SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN CRUISE