Victory Dry Dock (& Cancellations) - Jan 2018

Canadian_J

My bad they haven’t changed the slide

According to deck plans they added two bars to lido, removed former triton bar location on lido, and removed wading pool. It seems like an already dense lido deck won't get any better, or buffet, but dining options will improve, just long lines still. Surprised no water park behind funnel.

Husband (DryDockDave) is working on this one :)

The first ship in an EPIC work schedule, 5 months away from home. Longest time before this has been about 8 or 9 weeks, so 5 months is going to be pretty horrific!

• 3 weeks later...
I'm glad I found this old thread because it all makes sense now! I'm sailing Victory on March 3rd 2018 and a few weeks ago I got a call from Carnival saying that my 4J cabin 9201 would not be available due to work being done to change it to a Scenic (or Deluxe) Ocean View Stateroom. My PVP said that was strange because the cabin is still showing as available. So the work is likely being completed in drydock prior to my cruise and they just haven't yet updated the category in the booking system.

I just saw the deck changes and I'm a little nervous. In June we booked the former category 4J cabin 9202 on the Victory's Feb 23-26th charter sailing with Invicta Watch Company.

The new post drydock deck plan shows that particular room is now one of the new corner suites.

We have not been contacted by anyone (Carnival or the charter company) regarding any changes to our booking.

Does anyone know if Room 9202 is completed and how they will handle the booking since we had signed up many months before any changes were made public?

Since we signed up back in June we also reached out and invited 14 of our friends to sign up for this cruise with us. I believe that as of last month the charter is now sold out. It would be crazy if they bumped Pam and myself off the cruise when all of our friends and family are going on this cruise solely because of us.

I'm glad I found this old thread because it all makes sense now! I'm sailing Victory on March 3rd 2018 and a few weeks ago I got a call from Carnival saying that my 4J cabin 9201 would not be available due to work being done to change it to a Scenic (or Deluxe) Ocean View Stateroom. My PVP said that was strange because the cabin is still showing as available. So the work is likely being completed in drydock prior to my cruise and they just haven't yet updated the category in the booking system.

So did they cancel your booking all together? Or offer you another cabin? More details would be helpful to the rest of us in the situation please.

Thanks

So did they cancel your booking all together? Or offer you another cabin? More details would be helpful to the rest of us in the situation please.

Thanks

Yes, please elaborate for us! I am in a bit of a predicament as a result of the dry dock 9th floor changes so it would be helpful to know what exactly Carnival offered.

• 2 weeks later...

I got off the ship on Monday, the 12th. One of the hot tubs on the Serenity deck never worked (and it apparently wasn't working the cruise before ours, either) and one of the hot tubs in the Siren pool area was so hot the last few days that it was unbearable for more than a few minutes. Guys burgers was good, but closed promptly at 6pm. No after-hours food available other than pizza. Bar service was good. Buffet was a mess at the best of times, though the food was ok. We only did the MDR once, and once was enough. I prefer the buffet, even if it was a mess. Two nights in a row they had no baked potatoes by 6:30pm. For having been in dry dock, there were a lot of things that were issues - the ship was dirty, the glass everywhere was filthy. There were tiles missing from mosaics and vents missing. The retractable roof on the aft pool area was broken for most of the cruise. They painted the water channels on the balconies and got paint all over everything - all over the deck, all over the door handle, all over the chairs on my balcony, on the glass, just shoddy.

I understand why people like Carnival, but it's just not for me. The cruise was fun because it was a charter with people I love, but other than that, meh.

Oh - for anyone going to be on Victory the next few months, do yourself a favor and go hang out in the Piano Bar on Deck 5 with Jonathan for sing-along time. He was a bright, shining star on the cruise. So much fun. Buy him a tequila shot and enjoy the evening.