Epic from Barcelona........which ports are tender ports please?

pattycake1939

Hi everyone.......I'm trying to decide on shore excursions for our Med. cruise in May and not sure what to do. I have found some non-ship tours that are so much more reasonable than the ones Norwegian offers but in reading reviews of the ship, it sounds like it's kind of tough to get off because of the crowds and I'm afraid we will miss our meeting points. I also read that in the tender ports the ship excursions get to leave first, so there's that to consider. Could some of you that have done this cruise give me some advice? It would be very appreciated. Thanks.

Canne is your only tender port.

Your port calls are all early. For cities like Rome, most of the shore ex leave as soon as the ship is cleared (since it is a long way, in traffic, to the city).

All of the tour companies you are dealing with meet the ship every week and understand how long it takes to for their customers to get to the dock.

as mentioned Cannes is only Tender

never experienced lines getting off ship in other docks

there are 2 exits with gangways and as soon as ship cleared or you see people getting off ship just join them

swiping card through as you leave ship is fast and only bottlenecks we have experienced is people getting their photos taken with crew in daft costumes!

private tour operators will suggest a meeting off the ship time and often they are waiting just off gangplank with card with your name on

Thanks everyone......that really helps a lot. We are early risers anyway, especially on vacation as we want to see as much as possible and can sleep at home for free! I'm glad there is only one tender, I find them not so much fun and time consuming. As for staying in the Haven, I would love to, but can't afford it and would rather take more vacations with the money that I save. I find that my bucket list gets bigger every year but the years get fewer, and I want to see as much of the world as I can, while I can..............Happy sails......Patty