Is Carnival Ecstasy ship safe for teens to explore alone?

Lionheartbella

This is an emotionally charged topic, but I feel the intent is not to blame the victim but rather about street smarts. Out on the streets, which is to say, in the course of life as usual, who attracts more attention? Plainly, modestly, even frumpily dressed people, or stylish people dressed up like radiant living art? Fancy and alluring clothing is specifically designed to attract more attention.

Right or wrong, it is always possible that someone responding with that attention is someone you would rather avoid, and perhaps could have avoided with another strategy. There is a reason actors dress down when they are trying to avoid attention. It's much easier to blend in and go unnoticed.

My mother, who came from Minnesota and lived in New York City as a young woman in the early 1960s, taught me the benefits of dressing down for a day in Chicago rather than up to minimize the chance of being a "target" as she always says. Suspicious? Paranoid? Pessimistic? Perhaps.

I used to work with a stunning young lady who daily wore 6 inch heels, hip hugger slacks with her thong and back tattoo visible, and ample exposed cleavage, who would complain bitterly about the unwanted attention she attracted. Blaming the victim? Not my intent. Was there anything at all she could have done differently? You decide.

Very well said. I have been around that last example once. Eventually HR talked with her, and she toned down her clothing.

• 1 month later...

I would say safe on the Sun and Sports Deck, they have less space and here are some more things.

*Carnival Elation is the only ship to have the Grand deck between Sun and Sports, so i think it's safe

*Don't allow your kid to go on the elevator on Sports deck

*More things i forgot

I think the answer really depends on your children. If they are mature and you feel safe letting them go, they should be fine. There maybe some small risk that someone could try to grab them, but I'd say the chances are low. If you trust their judgement, and know they are not the kind of kids to get caught up in stupid pranks or dares, I'm sure they will be fine. I had to cut one of our kids off from cruising (at least with us paying the tab) because he would not follow rules and was doing really unsafe things to impress other kids on the ship, but I'd say most kids that age should be fine.