Any reason to choose Symphony over Harmony or vice versa?

bowlman23

Looking to go on a cruise in December or January, and debating between Harmony and Symphony. I know there are some nuances between the two. I've been on Oasis back in 2011 and really enjoyed it.

Is there any reason to choose one over the other besides price? Obviously Symphony will feel a bit newer, but Harmony is still fairly new too.

Any input would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Looking to go on a cruise in December or January, and debating between Harmony and Symphony. I know there are some nuances between the two. I've been on Oasis back in 2011 and really enjoyed it.

Is there any reason to choose one over the other besides price? Obviously Symphony will feel a bit newer, but Harmony is still fairly new too.

Any input would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Your profile doesn't say where your from. Is it easier for you to get to Miami or Fort Lauderdale? Cheaper? For me in Ohio, it is significantly different.

Your profile doesn't say where your from. Is it easier for you to get to Miami or Fort Lauderdale? Cheaper? For me in Ohio, it is significantly different.

I'm from the Philly area. It definitely is more expensive to Miami, but a few hundred bucks wouldn't necessarily sway me one way or the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were happy with either one but select Symphony over Harmony since it was quite a bit less (but neither cheap [emoji6]).

Also if it matters to you...Harmony has Sunday departure vs Symphony having Saturday departure.

Harmony has DreamWorks. Symphony doesn't (unless that changes).

Symphony has Laser Tag...and some of the new shows look neat with Flight and maybe extra features at Aque Theatre?

I haven't seen it but some complain of Solarium pool on Harmony . Not sure if Symphony's will be bigger.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Harmony didn’t have a pool in the Solarium. They only had hot tubs. They made the sports pool adults only, but it is toward the back of the ship away from the Solarium. If that matters to you and you can find out if they put the pool back in the Solarium on Symphony, that might be a reason to choose it over Harmony.

I haven't seen it but some complain of Solarium pool on Harmony . Not sure if Symphony's will be bigger.

I'm willing to bet big money that the Symphony Solarium pool will be bigger than Harmony's.

:p:p:p

I’m the type of person who doesn’t like to pay a premium to sail in a new ship, even if they are 10 yrs older you can’t really tell. I remember the first oasis class hip sailing from Ft Lauderdale, prices were high while freedom class ship went down. It took me a few years before booking oasis

In this case I’m not following my tradition and booking Symphony in December. Why? Because everything looks perfect.

[emoji843]it’s the first time oasis class ship is sailing from Miami

[emoji842]a brand new terminal in Miami

We were happy with either one but select Symphony over Harmony since it was quite a bit less (but neither cheap [emoji6]).

Also if it matters to you...Harmony has Sunday departure vs Symphony having Saturday departure.

Symphony has Laser Tag...and some of the new shows look neat with Flight and maybe extra features at Aque Theatre?

Wow, Symphony was cheaper? The cheapest I've found is it being $200 more than Harmony

Leaving on a Saturday works better for us. This way we have a day to do laundry and catch up on missed sleep before going back to work.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

I agree with you on this. Especially flying in, I'd love to have an extra day.

I have been on Harmony three times and so far it's my favorite ship that I have sailed and will be on the symphony in 2019 and looking forward to the new features and shows

Sent from my H1611 using Forums mobile app

Anything in particular you love that makes it your favorite?

Anything in particular you love that makes it your favorite?

I enjoy most of the shows, the crew 2 out of the 3 times have been fabulous. I haven't seen that type of service since the mid 90's on most of the other ships. I enjoy the sports activities 2 flowriders and water slides although someone has buttcheek the blue slide there is a new found dip when going down it. Also the ship is well maintained and clean no tears in the carpet or seats the some of the older ships tend to have. The little things like that mean more to me the the view from the d-lounge or a tiny pool in the solarium.

Sent from my H1611 using Forums mobile app

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk[/quote

That's incorrect about Harmony. My cruise on the Harmony departs Saturday March 31st.

Wow, Symphony was cheaper? The cheapest I've found is it being $200 more than Harmony

Yes for our cruise Harmony was more than $600 more at opening day. We're cruising March break so the premium might be for Sunday departure (Harmony) vs Saturday departure (Symphony) as Saturday means skipping school/work on the Friday.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk[/quote

That's incorrect about Harmony. My cruise on the Harmony departs Saturday March 31st.

Check March 9th 2019 cruise. You'll see Harmony is more. It must vary from week to week.

Yes for our cruise Harmony was more than $600 more at opening day. We're cruising March break so the premium might be for Sunday departure (Harmony) vs Saturday departure (Symphony) as Saturday means skipping school/work on the Friday.

I'm looking for either December and January. My wife wants to do Western Caribbean so my options are more limited.

March 9, 2019 is a Saturday

Yes so check Harmony on March 9 2019 vs Symphony on March 10 , 2019.

I believe you that your week is cheaper on Harmony , but for our date Symphony is cheaper. It surprised me too.