Which deck is best to book a Mini Suite on Norwegian Epic?

Faw1001

Hi

Which deck is best to book a Mini Suite on Norwegian Epic? I am thinking midship and we have put cabin 9101 on hold but I am not sure if that's the best deck. Does anyone know or can you reccommend a mini-suite cabin number you know is a good one?

Also can anyone tell me the difference between the Mini Suite and Balcony cabins?

Are the bathrooms really in the entrance to the cabins like they look in the floor plan? i.e. if someone enters the room they will walk in on you having a shower? lol And only a curtain to separate shower from bedroom?

Thank you in advance :D

Fiona

Which deck really depends on your preference. We tend to go for deck 13, near the forward stairs, so we are fairly near the buffet for breakfast and snacks in the evening (and the kids club when our son used to use it).

It's also quite close to the pool. Whilst we don't use it much, it's handy not having to travel far to change afterwards.

You may prefer to be lower down so you are near the main bars and restaurants. In that case then 9 is good as you are close, but have a deck of cabins between you and any noise from the public areas.

Some people say that lower is better due to seasickness, but I've never felt any movement on the Epic anyway.

There is very little difference between the mini suite and balcony. We've stayed in both and I can't from memory say what the difference is. I wouldn't pay much extra for a mini.

Consider a large balcony room if you like to spend time out there. That is a better option than a mini, in my opinion.

The bathroom is pretty well as you describe. We don't have a problem with it, but many people do.

For us, we consider if there are any lifeboats below us. If so, we like to be higher up so they will not obstruct our ocean view. Not all ships have extended lifeboats....some are located inward and do not obstruct. We are on the Breakaway in Jan and their boats extend out so we booked on deck 12 towards the back. You want to take a looks at the deck plans on the ship you are cruising on and make your decisions based on that. Everyone has different preferences.

MA and MC have bathtub/shower combo, and bed by the balcony doors.

MB and MD have large shower and bed nearest to front door.

I didn't realize that. I thought it was pretty much every other cabin had the bed by the balcony. Good info, thanks.

For us, we consider if there are any lifeboats below us. If so, we like to be higher up so they will not obstruct our ocean view. Not all ships have extended lifeboats....some are located inward and do not obstruct. We are on the Breakaway in Jan and their boats extend out so we booked on deck 12 towards the back. You want to take a looks at the deck plans on the ship you are cruising on and make your decisions based on that. Everyone has different preferences.

This is another advantage of being on higher decks, I agree. On deck 13 it really isn't an issue, unless you need to be able to see the sea hit the side of the ship.

What is MA and MC? We are on epic on deck 14 in a regular balcony room and we're hoping our bed would be by the balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They are different mini suite categories. There is probably something similar for balcony cabins, starting with B rather than M.

You can tell from the deck plan where the bed is, it's where the room is wider. If you find the category, or post the room number, then I'm sure someone here will be able to confirm.

Ok thanks. We were hoping to have it the other way around but oh well we will make the best of it.

You'll be fine! We have been on Epic 3 times (total 44 days :cool:) - B1 aft (bed by balcony doors), MA (bed by balcony, bath/shower combo) and MD (bed nearest to front door, big shower) and we liked having bed nearest to front door as it gave us space by the balcony doors. The couch is there so we liked to sit there drinking and looking out. Also we preferred having big shower to bath/shower combo as the bathtub had high sides and we aren't spring chicken! In fact DH had hairline fracture on ankle (happened 4 weeks prior) at the time of our MA cabin cruise and had the black boot on, and he wasn't a happy camper with THAT bathtub!

You didn't say how many people in each cabin, but on the Epic all cabins for 4 ppl have bed nearest to front door and couch & Pullman beds next to balcony doors.

On Breakaway, Getaway and Escape it's the other way around.

Hi

Which deck is best to book a Mini Suite on Norwegian Epic? I am thinking midship and we have put cabin 9101 on hold but I am not sure if that's the best deck. Does anyone know or can you reccommend a mini-suite cabin number you know is a good one?

Also can anyone tell me the difference between the Mini Suite and Balcony cabins?

Are the bathrooms really in the entrance to the cabins like they look in the floor plan? i.e. if someone enters the room they will walk in on you having a shower? lol And only a curtain to separate shower from bedroom?

Thank you in advance :D

Fiona

9101 is good. Remember that there are no mid-ship elevators, so pick something near an elevator so you don't have to hike.

It's not so much as someone walking in while you are in the shower (there is frosted glass, so the people in the hall only see your silhouette,,,, it is when you are drying yourself after the shower which provides the highest probability of a free peep show if the door to the hall is opened.

We have sailed on the Epic 6 times and don't find it a problem at all.

I just got off the Epic on Sat and we were in room 9101 I loved the location, it was right by the elevators/stairs and the bed was closer to the balcony (which was my preference as gave more space between bed and bathroom and door)

We have 2 adults and 2 kids. The problem with the couch by the balcony is that at night after kids go to bed if we want to sit out on balcony we have to sneak out and in without waking them!

This is exactly why we prefer the bed by the balcony.

However I would say that, because of the bathroom setup on the Epic, it isn't quite as much of an advantage, as you are more likely to disturb the kids when you use the sink for example.

Whilst I prefer the bed by the balcony, the Epic is the one ship where I'm not as fussed.

What is MA and MC? We are on epic on deck 14 in a regular balcony room and we're hoping our bed would be by the balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just got off of the Epic on Saturday. We were in room 14048. I loved our location, close to the stairs, a quick walk up to the pool/buffet. When you walked into the room on the right was the toilet, then the sink, then the bed. The couch was near the balcony. The shower was on the left when you walked in. TONS of closet/storage space

• 10 months later...
MA and MC have bathtub/shower combo, and bed by the balcony doors.

MB and MD have large shower and bed nearest to front door.

It appears MC on decks 13 and 14 are cabins with shower and bed near front door. This YouTube video shows Cabin 13045 which is MC.

• 1 month later...
I ended up booking mini suite 11077 just forward of the stairs/elevators and close to the studio my sister booked. I decided to go with an MB room so I could have a big shower and no shub :D

I'm in the same room on the May sailing around the Mediterranean. Let me know how you like it!