Carnival Legend Review

sayaguru

Carnival Legend Hawaii, Tahiti, Morea, Bora Bora, Fiji, Sydney

Oct 2017

If you have been on HAL, Princess or RCI this is a stepdown but good value for money. If you have only**** been on P&Oyou will think this is great. This is my opinion of course. Some people love P&O.

I’m not normally one to mention, or even really notice thedécor on ships, BUT this is truly UGLY. Lots of dark timber, Greek urnseverywhere and ugly wall art. It’s going in for a major refit in May 2018.

There are 2 kid friendly pools (they even provide lifejackets) and one adult only area with a small pool with lots of sitting areaand nice sleeping pods (get there early).

Cabins- We had an inside and it was spacious enough, with adecent amount of storage for 2 people. The bathroom was quite good. Toiletriesare poor quality shampoo and body wash and a cake of soap only. Your cabinsteward will ask you if you want your room cleaned morning, afternoon or both.You get towel animals. Note- deck 5 forward is where the kids club is locatedand kids run past. They have a baby sitting service 10pm-1am. Parents and kids arenoisy when picking up their kids at night. Kids run past at all times.

Food- The breakfast and lunch buffet has a good choice offood. I like that the breakfast buffet is open 7-12. Lunch is from 12-2.30 andthere is a hamburger place open until 11-4.00 and 24 hour pizza. The restaurantis also open for breakfast and lunch. For dinner you have set dining (5.30 and7.45) or My Time dining (between 5.30-9.00). There is often a line up after7pm. The dinner buffet I found very lacking. Only 1 section is open plus saladand deserts (2 cakes, 1 slice, 1 pudding, fruit salad and jelly). Coffee, tea,hot chocolate, lemon squash, ice cream and pizza is available free 24hours(deck 9).

Restaurant service was OK but not wonderful. To me thiscomes down to training. There are 2 waiters but they didn’t seem go work as ateam. Eg one would bring 3 meals then bring the 3 then go and get the pepper(by which time the first 3 were halfway through their meal). There was a goodchoice of food and it was mostly good quality (sometimes not real hot). At 8.30EVERY night they stop and do a dance. You have to pay for room service.

Dress code is very laid back. Formal nights you could wearanything except shorts and Tshirts (although a few tried). Some people dressedup but it wasn’t a majority. More people dressed up for the Polynesian andMexican nights.

On sea days there were quite a few activities- trivia,dancing lessons, craft, lectures, fun games etc. Make sure you read ALL of the FunTimes as everything is not listed in the What’s Happening section. Some peoplemissed the free alcohol. Oops!

In 17 days the dance crew did 4 nights. The shows were good. We had 2 singers and the rest was jugglers, magicians and hypnotists. Got a bit boring in my opinion.

Jen, the cruise director is a laugh a minute. Staff are allfriendly. They call Carnival the fun cruiseline and it is definitely gearedtowards having fun. There are more young people than on other lines.

Prices onboard, on cruises to Australia and cruising fromAustralia are priced in $AU. Tips are included in your booking price so noextra charges onboard.

We will cruise with Carnival again as they provide a greatcruise for a competitive price. We have also cruised on Carnival Glory in theCaribbean and Carnival Splendor in Canada/New England. We loved both of thosecruises.

A few people who had been on Vancouver-Hawaii thenHawaii-Sydney said they noticed a difference between the 2 cruises. 1st leg(American cruise) had more choices in the buffet and lobster for both formalnights. Drink package available. 2nd leg (Australian cruise) lessbuffet choice, no lobster. We had steak with prawns and escargot. Drink package not available. If you have any questions please ask.

• 1 month later...