Explorer Review 9/11/17

Quick review.

Post cruise stay at Sydney YHA - first stay at a hostel 👍 friendly staff great facilities close to the cruise terminal.

Boarding - we got onboard at around 11am very quick. Cases unpacked before 5pm only to get a phone call from guest services offering an upgrade WOW so they sent staff up to help us move lol.

We’d booked first night right so made sure it was Chops grill 👍 fantastic food and service.

Also tried Giovannis again good food and service spoilt slightly by large loud group of Aussies.

Main dinning room - great service and lovely food.

Windjammer again good food and choice no problems getting a seat.

Chops grill for breakfast delicious and great service.

A Remembrance Service was held onboard for all those who had lost their lives in the great wars - an ex Royal Naval Office held the service in a packed main dinning room and the Ship held a ship wide minutes silence Led from the Bridge - Thank you Royal Caribbean.

Now a big thank you to the Staff

Jorge ( very helpful and funny ) in the Diamond lounge and the barmen there.

Denzil in the Concierge lounge and Hugh the barman a real gentleman.

Glen and Dewi are dinning room staff.

Putra our cabin Stewart.

Last but not least Ethel in the main dinning room lovely funny lady a credit to the company.

Ports of call.

Lifou - we walked and walked amongst thousands of beautiful butterflies 🦋 an amazing sight. We walked to the next village which was all closed because it was Sunday - anyway we found a rock pool and went for a lovely swim in peace and quiet.

Port Villa - we decided to take a water taxi to Iririki Island and paid for a day pass great value not only can you use all the facilities but you’re given a credit ( the amount of the pass ) to use in any bar or restaurant 👍 we did some snorkelling and had a lovely lunch. Afterwards we took the resort free water taxi into town for a dander around and then caught the water taxi back to the ship.

Mystery Island - brilliant beach for snorkelling and very peaceful even managed to catch a flight arriving & taking off from the airport lol.

Mare - we took the ships bus to Yejele beach again fantastic beach lots of food stalls very clean.

Last port Noumea we decided to take the hop on off bus - lovely little walks along the promenades and visited the local museum ( very interesting) then had lunch near the main park and visited a local festival in the main square.

In closing I though the Irish/Scots/English could drink but OMG the Aussies I’m told nearly drunk the ship dry lol

Anyone with any questions ask away

• 1 month later...

Hi - I am going on my first cruise on the Explorer in April to the South Pacific with Lifou as one of our destinations. I will be with my 6 year old daughter and have been wondering which shore excursion would suit us best so your description of the thousands butterflies at Lifou sounds very cool - so I am interested to know which excursion was that on? Thanks!