Paradise Junior Suite

jediyoda9008

Hey all! Me, my wife, and our daughter leave this Monday on the Carnival Paradise for a 5-day cruise; we had booked an interior, but got a call today to upgrade to a junior suite for only $450 TOTAL! I jumped on the offer so we would have the extra space and a balcony. We have never been in a JS before (and its our daughter's first cruise ever!), my question though is, I thought I remember reading somewhere once that suites have a bathtub instead of just the super tiny shower; can anyone confirm this? Looking forward to trying a suite for the first time in just a few days!

The Suites on Fantasy class ships have the bathtub, but the Jr. Suites are nothing more than a standard balcony cabin with a very small balcony and a regular bathroom with shower only. It is not worth any extra $.

Even though it doesn't have a bathtub I think you still got a great rate for a balcony and priority perks. The bathtubs in ocean suites are too tiny to bathe in anyways....nicer for a shower though. Enjoy your cruise!

My first Carnival cruise was on Paradise. We all had a great table of Solos and Single friends. 2 had the Junior Suite.

The Junior Suite interior is bigger and nicer than most regular cabin interiors on Fantasy Class. I do not know about the new Balcony cabin rooms on Fantasy class but my hunch is still a bit more interior room than those and perhaps a bit more cabin space. The decks are small but fun place to see and be seen a little..you will see what is going on on that end of ship, have good stewards...most are good but really assured up there, nice floor, probably more quiet and all those priority perks that are nice,,not a huge deal like other ship suite perks but some have no perks for the Junior suite level and you do..It is still nice to be ahead of crowd a bit and for that price and a group...I think it was worth it.

There are special things about these now "small" Fantasy class ships...I think service can be better because a few less people to please..there are fun kitchy Carnival things and pretty old Carnival things...I am impressed with the real teak decks always..those are so amazing and not cheap....you still need sturdy sandal and foot protection and the black in middle of wood gets hot..I like the "Old Liner" theme on Paradise and the paintings in the Rex bar if remembering name right. Enjoy her updated food venues etc.

Edited by sjn911

We had a Junior Suite on the Paradise in 2012. Not sure if they have been upgraded but they were pretty much the same as a regular balcony cabin with a very small balcony that was overlooking the deck below. Nothing special but the suite perks were great to have.

Here are some pictures for you.

24239100957_681d8f2d9a_c.jpgIMG_6656 by declansdadca, on Flickr

24239100807_e8624fc506_c.jpgIMG_6657 by declansdadca, on Flickr

24239100247_2a02973964_c.jpgIMG_6659 by declansdadca, on Flickr

We have done the Jr. Suites several times on the old ships and they are like a regular balcony cabin on the newer ships. However, the balconies are so tiny that two people cannot be out there at the same time unless one sits and the other stands. Won't do them again unless a really really cheap price. No bathtub, just a shower.

Some of my family booked a Junior Suite on the Sensation several years ago and were super upset at just how small the balcony was. One couple had been in a suite on one of the larger ships prior to this, so you can imagine how disappointed they were. I've been on many cruises and have never seen such a tiny balcony - if one was out on the balcony they had to squeeze over into the corner for the other person to open the door. To call these cabins suites is a bit misleading.