Valor WiFi Experiences?

We just got off the Valor last Saturday. We paid for the premium package and felt short changed. While it allowed me to read/post to Facebook and Twitter, it was so slow that dialup would have been faster. I didn't expect high-speed internet since I know satellite internet is usually a lot slower, but I'd seriously open Facebook and wait about 5 minutes on average for the page to load. We actually timed it at one point.

We bought the middle package on our Valor cruise in November. It was pretty much worthless. The Wifi was off more than it was working. When it did work it was super slow.

Thankfully, both ports were in Mexico and on my T-Mobile plan I get unlimited talk, text and up to 5GB high speed data in Mexico. I just took care of everything in the ports.

We are flying down to Cozumel next month for a week and I will sit on the beach and use my phone as if I am at home and not get charged a penny more. We both have T Mobile, so we will get double the high speed data.

We bought the middle package on our Valor cruise in November. It was pretty much worthless. The Wifi was off more than it was working. When it did work it was super slow.

Thankfully, both ports were in Mexico and on my T-Mobile plan I get unlimited talk, text and up to 5GB high speed data in Mexico. I just took care of everything in the ports.

We are flying down to Cozumel next month for a week and I will sit on the beach and use my phone as if I am at home and not get charged a penny more. We both have T Mobile, so we will get double the high speed data.

Thanks for the feedback! We have Verizon so I get 1/2 GB a day in Mexico for no extra charge (which I’ll take advantage of). Sounds like I’m going with the social plan just to be able to iMessage and get on twitter