Serenade of the Seas questions

We are doing the 11 night Southern Caribbean cruise in about 2 weeks. Is it impossible to get chairs on the pool level if we don't get up at 6am? We have 5 days at sea and I planned on being by the pool for most of that time. Also, has anyone done the FNDR on The Serenade of the Seas? I'm just wondering what restaurants we'll get to choose from for that. I was hoping for Chops. But Giovanni's would work too. I'm so excited!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

We find the deck above the pool is less crowded. You can still see and hear the "goings on"...but you have a bit more space!

Totally agree with this.

We too do not like to be up at the crack of dawn on holiday. On our recent Serenade cruise we never made it to the pool before 11 am and at that time there were only ever a couple of scattered single loungers on the level beside the pool. However, we were always able to get some just above the pool and there was room there to move the loungers around to get the best angle for the sun. By our third day it our "go to" place.

How early did you need to get to the Solarium to find seats? We'll be on her in February.

We would take our stuff to the chairs on our way to breakfast around 7:30ish and I would time it. We always made it back within the 30 minutes with no rushing.

We would take our stuff to the chairs on our way to breakfast around 7:30ish and I would time it. We always made it back within the 30 minutes with no rushing.

Was it covered your whole cruise? Although hubby prefers shade, I want to be in the sun getting a nice tan.

Was it covered your whole cruise? Although hubby prefers shade, I want to be in the sun getting a nice tan.

No, not shaded completely. They only open the roof on sea days. If you get in the right spot you can be shaded most of the day. If you want sun, you need to go to the main pool.

No, not shaded completely. They only open the roof on sea days. If you get in the right spot you can be shaded most of the day. If you want sun, you need to go to the main pool.

8 cruises on Serenade last 13 months and the roof was open in multiple ports on each cruise. Was open more on port days then sea days. Depends on weather and how warm it is outside is what I was told...