Brilliance of the seas check in times

Leaving on the Brilliance this sat. Received an email about check in times and according to our deck, we are 215-300. I know with Carnival we now choose a check in time that they hold you to. Are these just suggested times to space people out more or will we have to board so late? Haven't been on Royal for awhile so wasn't sure how this works with them now.

Thank you

Tina

Was there a reason for the late checkin time?

We sailed on the Brilliance on Thanksgiving Day, the first cruise after they returned from Europe. Because they were having an extensive coast guard inspection we were told we would not be able to checkin until 2pm.

We went to the terminal at our normal time and we were onboard the ship before 11:30.

Not saying you will have the same experience but this was ours.

Have a wonderful cruise!!!

If they gave some specific reason, like extra cleaning needed, or government inspection, then boarding will likely be delayed. Otherwise you can probably show up whenever you want.

We're on there with you. The notice did say: We invite our Suite, Pinnacle, Diamond Plus, Diamond,Emerald and Platinum guests to arrive at any time between 12:00 PM and 3:00 PM.

Must not be anything with the ship although noon is a little later.

Keep in mind that Brilliance is now berthed at the "new" terminal six in Tampa. That terminal is way too small for the amount of passengers on that ship. It is bad enough on embarkation...and disembarkation is even worse. :o

Suggest arrive early.

Good to know, island lady. thanks. does valet parking help at all?

It's not the parking that is the problem. It's the too small size inside of the terminal, not nearly enough room for the crowd checking in...or checking out. :o

I think we will arrive around 10ish. Have never cruised from Tampa before so not familiar with the terminal. My parents are traveling with us and my dad uses a walker(rollator). Hearing that the terminal is too small for the number of passengers worries me a bit about my dad. Do you think they may help us "get out of the way" so to speak? Like an area for disabled/handicapped to wait? My dad is one who feels he is in everybody else's way and would rather wait for a room to empty before leaving. Not for the goal of trying to get ahead of others or on the ship quicker, but will they maybe direct us away from the crowds?

Thanks

Tina

I think we will arrive around 10ish. Have never cruised from Tampa before so not familiar with the terminal. My parents are traveling with us and my dad uses a walker(rollator). Hearing that the terminal is too small for the number of passengers worries me a bit about my dad. Do you think they may help us "get out of the way" so to speak? Like an area for disabled/handicapped to wait? My dad is one who feels he is in everybody else's way and would rather wait for a room to empty before leaving. Not for the goal of trying to get ahead of others or on the ship quicker, but will they maybe direct us away from the crowds?

Thanks

Tina

If you arrive around 2pm, the crowds will be gone.

Thanks

Tina

I think 10-10:30 would be about right. It got worse after that.

Yes, do ask the crew members for help, they are pretty good about it.

I broke my foot while on Brilliance last month (even worse...it was the first night :o) so was wheel chair bound for the cruise and disembarkation. We waited until most of the terminal was cleared out and well after self assist (which I DO NOT recommend on this ship...was terrible nightmare with hot tempers flaring when we passed by them to breakfast) Luckily we were not part of that group.