4 Day Short Cruise Sun or Jade?

cruisekitty22

Trying to decide between the Sun or Jade for a short trip to the Caribbean/Bahamas. I love my sea days. Haven't been on either ship. We are an older couple. Who just want to relax and have fun. Which ship would have the least amount of kids on it? Is either ship "stuffy". We don't want that! We like to have a couple of drinks and be entertained. The ship with the least amount of walking would be best. Thanks for any tips.

Here's another vote for the Jade. We've been on Sun once and Jade five times. Sun has its fans here on CC but I am not one of them. However if Sun went to Cuba and Jade went to Bahamas, that's when I'd choose the Sun. Same itinerary, definitely the Jade.

Have not been on the Jade yet but am eyeing the four-nighter in a couple of weeks. That said, I have been on the Sun numerous times and I think for the reasons you mentioned above, the Sun may be a better fit for you because it is smaller. I do love the Sun. Great mini suites.

I’ve not been on the Jade so I can’t comment on her but I’m going on my second cruise on the Sun in March. Although she isn’t my favorite ship, I pretty much chose this cruise for the 5-day itinerary as it made a stop in Key West. As for the stops in Freeport and Nassau...I treat those days like sea days! Lately I’ve not even looked at the ship sailing, just where she’s sailing to!

The SUN's balcony cabins are the largest in the fleet and her mini-suites are special. Her Italian restaurant (formerly Il Adagio) is absolutely beautiful with 2 tops in front of the windows and the curved banquettes on risers so there is a view as well. Can't comment on JADE

Edited by Sauer-kraut

• 1 month later...

Did the 4 day Cozumel Jade in Jan and did not like. 2 sea days and people everywhere. No prime rib on menu. The lido was like a zoo whenever open. Going on the Sun 1st time next week and also had the Jade booked for 3/05/18 b/4 the Jan cruise. Just have to tough it out on the Jade. Anyway have an idea what to expect. Stormy

Trying to decide between the Sun or Jade for a short trip to the Caribbean/Bahamas. I love my sea days. Haven't been on either ship. We are an older couple. Who just want to relax and have fun. Which ship would have the least amount of kids on it? Is either ship "stuffy". We don't want that! We like to have a couple of drinks and be entertained. The ship with the least amount of walking would be best. Thanks for any tips.

We've done two long cruises (18 days and 33 days) on the Sun and two transatlantics on the Jade. We are currently booked for Panama Canal on Sun and a Christmas/New Years cruise on the Jade. So obviously we like both ships.

Both have The Great Outdoors area, both have wonderful view observation lounge. Jade has 24 hour O'Sheehans, Sun's Sports bar serves food from 5pm to 5am only.

As mentioned layout of Sun is a bit confusing. But that doesn't deter us.

Personally I feel that either ship is a good choice.

They are both smaller ships so about the same amount of walking.

Short cruises have kids but I'd think the larger ships would attract more.

Neither ship has a "stuffy" crowd.