Enchantment or Mariner for Kids

I'm looking at the option of a short 4 day cruise end of the summer with our kids (who will be 13 and 9 years by then). I was looking at the Mariner but I also just noticed the Enchantment has similar sailing/price (but out or Port Canaveral vs Miami). Is one ship better than the other for kids? (I saw some informal post saying that waterslides may be coming to Mariner next summer but haven't seen that confirmed anywhere else)

If your cruise will be after May 2018, then I'd go with Mariner as she will have completed a dry dock and could possibly have added slides and a flowrider by then.

Edited by Host Clarea
Fixed dry dock date

If your cruise will be after May 2018, then I'd go with Mariner as she will have completed a dry dock and could possibly have added slides and a flowrider by then.

Yes...end of August. I guess they don't post changes to come anywhere?

Btw...I was the one who posted last week of not being able to see the nonrefundable cost. Still can't see it for that cruise on Mariner. May call them out of curiosity. For Enchantment, I can see both.

Edited by Host Clarea
Fixed dry dock date

Yes...end of August. I guess they don't post changes to come anywhere?

Btw...I was the one who posted last week of not being able to see the nonrefundable cost. Still can't see it for that cruise on Mariner. May call them out of curiosity. For Enchantment, I can see both.

They used to post a detailed list of improvements coming to each ship, but no more. I think at this point it's too far in advance, many things can change.

Oh sorry...just noticed you said 2019. Isn't there a refurbishment this spring/summer? Or the slides and flowrider are coming much later if at all?

We would be sailing Aug 2018.

Sorry, got the dry dock mixed up with when Mariner is coming to Port Canaveral. You are correct, Mariner has the dry dock in May 2018 and then comes to Miami in June 2018. She goes to Port Canaveral in May 2019.