Oasis of the Seas @ Port Canaveral -- parking at cruise lot

Beukeboom

This will be my first cruise on RC and my 2nd cruise overall (my first being the "cruise from hell" onboard a substandard cruise line which I will not name here but it rhymes with "marnival"). I am unfamiliar with Port Canaveral personally but have gotten visual cues thanks to Google Streetview.

With that said, I see that there is a multi-level parking lot near the RC terminal. How much does it cost to park there? Is the security good? How difficult is it to get luggage from the lot to the terminal?

Also, since my wife booked us one of the ocean view suites with a large balcony do we qualify for express check-in? If so, how long does it take to get checked in and onboard the ship?

This will be my first cruise on RC and my 2nd cruise overall (my first being the "cruise from hell" onboard a substandard cruise line which I will not name here but it rhymes with "marnival"). I am unfamiliar with Port Canaveral personally but have gotten visual cues thanks to Google Streetview.

With that said, I see that there is a multi-level parking lot near the RC terminal. How much does it cost to park there? Is the security good? How difficult is it to get luggage from the lot to the terminal?

Also, since my wife booked us one of the ocean view suites with a large balcony do we qualify for express check-in? If so, how long does it take to get checked in and onboard the ship?

We just used it last month. Highly recommended even though it's $17 per day. You pay as you go in and there is no waiting in line when you leave after the cruise. Plenty of parking when we went in (about 10:15 - 10:30). We parked on the second floor near the elevators which took us down close to the check in area. No need to drop off the luggage first. This was the best parking experience we've had in the 23 plus cruises we've been on. We parked and were on the ship within 20 minutes (caveat: we are Diamond plus so we did have the advantage of earlier boarding but the general boarding started only a few minutes after we boarded). The Port Canaveral terminal and parking area have it nailed!

In contrast, we cruised out of Ft Lauderdale the following week and even though the parking (outside) was close to the ship and easy for boarding, it was a mess leaving after the cruise. With everyone trying to leave at the same time through two small kiosks to pay on the way out, it was a mess.

For those who'd rather save some money (and spend it on something other than parking), there are several less expensive parking lots with shuttle service to port.

As far as I know goportcanaveral.com is least expensive at about $40 total for up to 14 nights of parking with roundtrip shuttle for two. Parking lot is not fenced but using nice area.

I'd reccomend you drop luggage with porters and then park.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

That was our original intent but the line was longer to drop off than the line to the parking lot at the time we got there. I could see the parking was sparsely populated to we changed our minds at the last minute. Since we parked close to the elevator, it was a breeze to wheel the luggage there. Porters were very near where the elevator lands. We only had two bags (with the 4 wheels) so it was a no issue for us. We were staying at the Homewood Suites which is very close to the terminal. No traffic issues.

I'll bet you simply take a taxi or Uber since you live right there! That would be the best!

For those who'd rather save some money (and spend it on something other than parking), there are several less expensive parking lots with shuttle service to port.

As far as I know goportcanaveral.com is least expensive at about $40 total for up to 14 nights of parking with roundtrip shuttle for two. Parking lot is not fenced but using nice area.

Also, some hotels have specials as well. One year we stayed at the Hampton Inn in Cocoa Beach and they only charged $10 total for the cruise because I was Diamond with their loyalty program. The parking was outside however and there was a bunch of tree "slime" on the car when we got back from the cruise. We had to go straight to a car wash....

That was our original intent but the line was longer to drop off than the line to the parking lot at the time we got there. I could see the parking was sparsely populated to we changed our minds at the last minute. Since we parked close to the elevator, it was a breeze to wheel the luggage there. Porters were very near where the elevator lands. We only had two bags (with the 4 wheels) so it was a no issue for us. We were staying at the Homewood Suites which is very close to the terminal. No traffic issues.

I'll bet you simply take a taxi or Uber since you live right there! That would be the best!

My son drops us off and watches Bella for us. I usually drop luggage off around 10am and come back around noon to board

We always just park and roll the bags down. Seems like every time we are there it's easier that way

We always just park and roll the bags down. Seems like every time we are there it's easier that way

It certainly was for us. That was the first time we ever used the terminal parking facility. While high, we really enjoyed the convenience. While a shuttle from a remote parking lot to the ship hasn't been bad, sometimes waiting and riding a shuttle after the cruise can be frustrating. Especially if they have other stops first.

When we lived near Houston, we took many cruises out of Galveston and the only way to get to the ship, even with cruise port parking, was

by shuttle. It got to be tiresome dealing with the shuttles. The Port Canaveral terminal parking experience was refreshing for us so we don't mind paying extra.

It certainly was for us. That was the first time we ever used the terminal parking facility. While high, we really enjoyed the convenience. While a shuttle from a remote parking lot to the ship hasn't been bad, sometimes waiting and riding a shuttle after the cruise can be frustrating. Especially if they have other stops first.

When we lived near Houston, we took many cruises out of Galveston and the only way to get to the ship, even with cruise port parking, was

by shuttle. It got to be tiresome dealing with the shuttles. The Port Canaveral terminal parking experience was refreshing for us so we don't mind paying extra.

We have used off-site parking but when I checked for our upcoming 4 night cruise they are charging $10.95 per day plus a service charge

Sent from my BG2-W09 using Forums mobile app

We have used off-site parking but when I checked for our upcoming 4 night cruise they are charging $10.95 per day plus a service charge

Sent from my BG2-W09 using Forums mobile app

So you would be paying $85 for terminal parking vs about $50 (plus service charge) for off-site parking. For me, $35 would be a small price to pay for convenience. If you tip the shuttle driver, that further offsets the difference.

That brings up a question for me. When I paid at the entrance to the terminal on our past cruise (with you by the way), there was no attendant. It automatically charged you for the length of the cruise. If one was to go on a back to back, I wonder how they handle it?

So you would be paying $85 for terminal parking vs about $50 (plus service charge) for off-site parking. For me, $35 would be a small price to pay for convenience. If you tip the shuttle driver, that further offsets the difference.

That brings up a question for me. When I paid at the entrance to the terminal on our past cruise (with you by the way), there was no attendant. It automatically charged you for the length of the cruise. If one was to go on a back to back, I wonder how they handle it?

Total for the 4 days at Park N Cruise is $63.58 plus driver tips each way

I have read that the one advantage to port parking on a b2b is that folks only paid for the first cruise.

I've cruised Oasis twice in the last year. I used the port lot and was very happy with it. I easily dropped my wife and our luggage off to a porter, then drove into the lot. You put in your credit card and it charges you for the length of the cruise. When we leave, after getting a porter and our luggage (yeah we use porters), I head up to the lot and she gets the luggage dropped and tips the porter. I swing down, we load it, and off we go. Very easy.

We are headed to Ft. Lauderdale next week for Freedom. The lot is not near the terminal so we are using offsite parking for the first time. Guess we'll see how that works out. But Port Canaveral, for me, is worth the extra cost for the great convenience.

Total for the 4 days at Park N Cruise is $63.58 plus driver tips each way

I have read that the one advantage to port parking on a b2b is that folks only paid for the first cruise.

No brainer then. I'm sure you'll be using the terminal parking then.

Interesting about the B2B cruise! What a deal! It makes sense because when you paid to get in, as I remember, the gate simply opened and there was no ticket to display in the car.

Funny story is that the car ahead of us just wanted to park for the day for a pickup and when he realized he had to pay for the week, he decided to back down the ramp to get out.

I've cruised Oasis twice in the last year. I used the port lot and was very happy with it. I easily dropped my wife and our luggage off to a porter, then drove into the lot. You put in your credit card and it charges you for the length of the cruise. When we leave, after getting a porter and our luggage (yeah we use porters), I head up to the lot and she gets the luggage dropped and tips the porter. I swing down, we load it, and off we go. Very easy.

We are headed to Ft. Lauderdale next week for Freedom. The lot is not near the terminal so we are using offsite parking for the first time. Guess we'll see how that works out. But Port Canaveral, for me, is worth the extra cost for the great convenience.

\

We used Park n Go in November and DH was very glad that we did. The on site parking garage was quite a distance from the terminal and you had to take a shuttle which to me kind of defeats the purpose if you can't walk from your car to the terminal. Also traffic was very bad getting into the port that day

You only pay for the first cruise. All of the other ones are free. I've often paid for a 3 night cruise and stayed for 7 or longer.

\

We used Park n Go in November and DH was very glad that we did. The on site parking garage was quite a distance from the terminal and you had to take a shuttle which to me kind of defeats the purpose if you can't walk from your car to the terminal. Also traffic was very bad getting into the port that day

What terminal were you sailing out of?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...