Norwegian Epic Barcelona disembarkation - earliest flight

CH_ca

Hi I don't know what happened to the air ticket prices lately. It seems like flights with the ideal time to fly in and fly out of Barcelona for my preferred cruise has gone up by a lot. Since the ship docks at Barcelona on Sundays at 5am, could anyone please tell me what's the earliest flight time that I can safely book? I tend to prefer the after 11am flights but the price has gone up by more than 45% from a couple of months ago unless I'm willing to take those long flights with hours of layovers! Hopefully there will be a seat sale soon! :( I'm from Canada.

I guess I should rephrase my question. For the Epic's 5am docking at Barcelona, when is the earliest anyone had walked off the ship with their luggage? I'm planning to carry my own luggage to disembark. Thanks!

We were on her a couple of years ago and I believe heard the 'all clear to disembark' in Barcelona around 7am. We walked off with our luggage around 8am and there was no queues, it only took 5 minutes. If you disembark at 7am you could be at the airport by 7.30 and easily catching a 10am flight.

However, I like more of a cushion in case of delays so I'd be more comfortable with 11am. You never know what could cause the ship to arrive an hour or two later than planned.

Just an FYI: I disembarked a few months ago & shared a cab w/another couple who were dropped off

at airport first....and then after quite a bit of a ride I was dropped off......what I did not know is that there are 2

airports. I was flying Delta which the cabbie did not know but I made it with plenty of time,

Just an FYI: I disembarked a few months ago & shared a cab w/another couple who were dropped off

at airport first....and then after quite a bit of a ride I was dropped off......what I did not know is that there are 2

airports. I was flying Delta which the cabbie did not know but I made it with plenty of time,

It isn’t that there are two airports, but Barcelona El Prat airport has two terminals. I assume that your travelling companions were at the other terminal to you. You should always make sure that you let your taxi driver know either the airline or the terminal whenever you head to any airport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve never been up and about when disembarkation first starts on the Epic, as it is usually very early. Just checking the “you’ll be leaving soon” sheet from our last Epic cruise in 2016, it states that easy walk off was scheduled to start at 5.30am. The first independent guests tags were due to be called at 6.15am.

It’s easy to get an early flight from Barcelona, and we usually book one for mid to late morning which we make without having to rush at all.

Just one word of warning. Whilst taxis have always been very easy to come by, with only a few minutes wait. We did have one occasion when there were about 5 ships in port, three of which were large ones, and the taxis were scarce. We waited over an hour for a taxi and lots of people were in danger of missing their flights. It’s rare, but I’d always check the schedule to see how many ships are in port to be prepared. If there are a few then make sure that you stay ahead of the crowds.

KeithJenner: Sorry - wrong terminology -- the cabbie said there were 2 airports & I took him at his word.

The concierge had told friends of mine who wanted to sleep in to get up earlier (we were originally going to share a

cab) as there would only be 25 cabs there -- don't know how he got this number but they heeded his advice as

I saw them at airport soon after i arrived & was waiting for the agents to open.

Actually, there is more than one airport that people use for Barcelona, but the others are about 100km away and take over an hour by car, so I assume you didn’t go there. :)

Generally, Barcelona is about the best port for taxis that I have visited. There is usually a constant stream of them and on all but that one occasion you pretty well just walk to the taxi rank and get in one.

In general, you can easily make a 10 am flight. BUT,,,, you need to pay attention to the check-in cut-off of your specific airlines. Some carriers impose an earlier cut-off so that they can get all of their people though security, customs and out to the gate (which can be a hike) without delaying their flights.

I’ve never been up and about when disembarkation first starts on the Epic, as it is usually very early. Just checking the “you’ll be leaving soon” sheet from our last Epic cruise in 2016, it states that easy walk off was scheduled to start at 5.30am. The first independent guests tags were due to be called at 6.15am.

It’s easy to get an early flight from Barcelona, and we usually book one for mid to late morning which we make without having to rush at all.

Just one word of warning. Whilst taxis have always been very easy to come by, with only a few minutes wait. We did have one occasion when there were about 5 ships in port, three of which were large ones, and the taxis were scarce. We waited over an hour for a taxi and lots of people were in danger of missing their flights. It’s rare, but I’d always check the schedule to see how many ships are in port to be prepared. If there are a few then make sure that you stay ahead of the crowds.

This is correct and if you book a private car you I think 11:00am is fine.

We actually got the 9:15 to London once with time to spare!!! Not ideal but at £19 including luggage we took a private car and were still in the money.

I have just walked between the terminals at BCN, just did this again, in October.

Yes a 10am flight is doable. Be ready to go at least 30 minutes prior to the posted time. There will be a line up, and cabs in the cab line. should be able to find a cab share easily, as long as you aren't overpacked. :)

I have just walked between the terminals at BCN, just did this again, in October.

Yes a 10am flight is doable. Be ready to go at least 30 minutes prior to the posted time. There will be a line up, and cabs in the cab line. should be able to find a cab share easily, as long as you aren't overpacked. :)

I do not want to disagree with you but I doubt it. They are about 4 Kms apart and its a 7 minute bus transfer. With business we did BCN at least 8 times last year and I think you may mean walking between 2 a B or C.

Is there connection between both terminals? Terminal 1 (T1) and Terminal 2 (T2) are 4 km apart one from other. There is a free shuttle bus that connects both terminals. The transfer bus is green and run every 6 - 7 minutes, 24 hours per day. It takes about 10-15 minutes between the two terminals (from the website)

Thanks everyone for your reply! :) From the various replies, I'm still nervous to book anything before 11am. The price of air tickets of my preferred time has gone up soooo much, hopefully the airlines will push out more seats to the lower, more restrictive type from the more flexible (expensive) options!

This is correct and if you book a private car you I think 11:00am is fine.

We actually got the 9:15 to London once with time to spare!!! Not ideal but at £19 including luggage we took a private car and were still in the money.

Hi bmwman, would you mind to share your private car info? I believe the standard taxi fare from port to airport is 39 Euro. Do you know if I can pre-book a taxi for the same price?

If you don't like stress I would not do anything before 11:00/11:30.

Remember no one can predict what the check in will be like at the airport on the day you are there or if security has been stepped up.

History is good but doesn't mean a lot because the airport experience can vary.

Keith

Thanks everyone for your reply! :) From the various replies, I'm still nervous to book anything before 11am. The price of air tickets of my preferred time has gone up soooo much, hopefully the airlines will push out more seats to the lower, more restrictive type from the more flexible (expensive) options!

Hi bmwman, would you mind to share your private car info? I believe the standard taxi fare from port to airport is 39 Euro. Do you know if I can pre-book a taxi for the same price?

The private fare was 40 Euro last year its the same price. The people we used were Sun transfers $39.95 and in fact it was a Barcelona Taxi that turned up for the return. So answer is YES.

Keith 1010 is over worried in my view . We do this trip 5-7 times a year and never even in heavy traffic does it take more than 40 minute to the airport. I would be more worried about the ship being late but even that is highly unlikely as it is turnaround day

Indeed I am about to book a 9;00am flight off ship at 6:45 airport by 7:30 home 11:00am!!