Star - Balcony on Aft Penthouse vs Balcony in 2-Bed Family Suite ?

Hi we are currently booked in a Cat SF - Aft-Facing Penthouse (this will be our 5th cruise in that type of suite - love the views from the Aft Balconies !)

TA just offered us an upgrade for a very minimal amount to a Cat SC - Two-bedroom, Family Suite with Balcony

Question: - Seems like the balcony for the 2-Bedroom Suite only has 2 lounge chairs and a small table ? (small balcony ?)

Obviously, the INSIDE living space on the 2-Bed, 2-Bath is bigger - just trying to determine if we would miss our AFT balcony

Thanks for any comments you can offer

I’ve stayed in the aft penthouse on the Star and a 2 bedroom suite on the Getaway. Personally, the interior of the 2 bedroom is so much nicer it makes up for the smaller balcony in my opinion. I’d go for the upgrade. -lus, why not try something new? 😍

Thank you for the prompt reply !

Hey - I see that you are in Tucson - we are just south of you - Green Valley - Small World :D

Yes, very small world. 😀 let us know what you decide on the upgrade or not. 😀

How many people are travelling? Personally this would decide it for me. We’ve been in both cabin categories, and every time we are in the two bedroom we love the extra space for the kids, but miss the balcony. If it were just DH and I, I would keep the aft penthouse no questions asked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were in a 2-br Family Suite on the Dawn last year with a 10 month old and it was GREAT. He had his own bedroom to sleep in, and he slept great all cruise long! The Windows at the tub and shower were awesome and made up for the smaller balcony!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums