Harmony Sky Suite Class Questions

Hi Fellow Cruisers - Hoping you can help, I'm sure these answers are out there but I've tried searching and can't quite get clarity on these. We are in our final countdown to our Harmony cruise in March, in Grande Suites and the Owner's Suite. I'm doing all the research / planning for a family of 11. We are long time cruises on all lines but the last time we went on Royal was about 4 years ago, we've been cruising NCL the past few years (Haven). There are a few new things about Royal that I have questions on.

1. I booked the 3 night dining package @ 6:30. I think that means that I can't make the exact reservations that I would like. Will I have any issues once on board getting the time / place that we want? There are 11 of us :)

2. Do I need to make entertainment reservations ahead of time or can we just work with the concierge while we are on board. I don't particularly wish to decide what day we want to see what until we are on board but don't want to be shut out of anything either.

3. Any tips to get the most out of the suite amenities. Spoiled by the Haven and reading the other topics on here, I think I need to prepare my dad mostly for the differences so he's not surprised when it's not the same as the Haven.

Thanks.

You could have some difficulty getting the times you prefer for specialty dining for a party of 11. All I can suggest is to be flexibl with time and go to a specialty restaurant as soon as you board to make reservations.

We were on the Harmony last year in a Sky Loft suite and did not need to make any entertainment reservations. When you show them your sea pass card at the door, they'll let you right in. I don't know if this applies to Grand Suites.

I think one of the best suite perks you will find is access to the Coastal Kitchen. We went there every day for breakfast and it is so much calmer and quieter than going to the Windjammer. We went there a few times for dinner too and thought the food was very good.

Enjoy your cruise!

We were im a GS im June on HotS. Raj and Muhommad were awesome concierges. They can make things happen. If you are having any issues on the ship just pull out your card. It changed some crewmebers anwsers by seeing the color of the card.

Star and Sky calss have reserved seats for most shows. If you want to do something speacial ask, it most liklely will happen.

Coastal Kitchen was out fav part of the perks. The meals were always so good and service was amazing. Our server ( I feel like a bad person because I cant remember her name ) took care of our family so well.

As for you dinning packages go talk with the concierge see what they can help you do.

Have fun

The only show you must make reservations for is the comedy show as the seating is limited for all other shows just make sure you are there 15min before the show starts as they release the free sears in the reserved seating area about 10min before the show starts.

You will need to book reservations with the concierge as soon as possible for the comedy show. That is the one venue they don't reserve a general section of suite guest seating area and you "have to have" a reservation. It always seems to book up, so if you want to see it and not take a chance on getting in on stand-by I would secure those on the 1st. day if not email them directly one week before your cruise departs.

The concierge can also arrange your specialty dining nights, however they don't start until

1-2PM the 1st. day and I think you can go to the actual restaurants by noon or one.

I would recommend (with your large party) going to chops or CP150 as soon as you're able and they can usually arrange all three nights at different venues at one of the establishments.

That's what we've done with our BOGO to ensure we reserved what we wanted, where we wanted.

Good luck,

Steve

Just off Oasis in Sky class, and we went to the Suite concierge as soon as we got on, probably around 11:30 - 12, and she made all of our dining reservations for us. Took about 15 minutes for here to call the particular restaurants. We had already done the show reservations, but, as others have said, other than the comedy show, you don't need reservations for Sky class as long as you show up 20 minutes before.

First experience in a GS and it was fabulous!!! Enjoy your cruise!

mac_tlc

You will need to book reservations with the concierge as soon as possible for the comedy show. That is the one venue they don't reserve a general section of suite guest seating area and you "have to have" a reservation. .

There should be no reason to book through the concierge as it should be possible to book this online in the entertainment section. This is what I have done for my upcoming Harmony cruise and did the same last year for a Oasis.

There should be no reason to book through the concierge as it should be possible to book this online in the entertainment section. This is what I have done for my upcoming Harmony cruise and did the same last year for a Oasis.

I agree. Make comedy reservations as soon as they become available. By the time you can contact the concierge it will probably be too late, especially for a party of 11. There are only so many seats, once they are booked, nothing the concierge can do.