MSC late 2017 or 2018 Mediterranean Bar Menus

pukekolive

Hi,

Would anyone be able to post images of recent Mediterranean Bar Lists please as we are deciding whether or not to get the non-Premium All Inclusive Bars & Restaurants Package or depend on vouchers? We have seen some from 2016 and early 2017 but think there have been changes to available beers/ ciders for later in 2017/ 2018 but cannot confirm this.

We travel on MSC Preziosa in August/ September 2018 from the Baltics down to the Med and recently have asked a Senior Cruise Consultant for MSC to locate one for us but have not received it yet.

Bar Lists from any MSC ship in the Med or Baltic from about September 2017 onwards would be great. Our itinerary is Copenhagen to St Petersburg and return then Norwegian Fjords then down through England/ Belgium/ Spain/ Portugal and disembark at Barcelona.

Elaine & Chris

Hi,

Would anyone be able to post images of recent Mediterranean Bar Lists please as we are deciding whether or not to get the non-Premium All Inclusive Bars & Restaurants Package or depend on vouchers? We have seen some from 2016 and early 2017 but think there have been changes to available beers/ ciders for later in 2017/ 2018 but cannot confirm this.

We sailed in the Med in June, Sept/Oct and again in December and didn't see any difference in the available beers/ciders on any of the 3 ships we were on. Cider is only available in bottles so the basic all-inclusive package doesn't cover it. You'll find that Heineken is the only draught beer in most of the venues but there is nearly always one bar/lounge where there'll be a choice of 3/4 beers on tap, usually Murphy's Red, Newcastle Brown Ale and/or Amstel. The only bottled beer covered by the basic package is Heineken.

We sailed in the Med in June, Sept/Oct and again in December and didn't see any difference in the available beers/ciders on any of the 3 ships we were on. Cider is only available in bottles so the basic all-inclusive package doesn't cover it. You'll find that Heineken is the only draught beer in most of the venues but there is nearly always one bar/lounge where there'll be a choice of 3/4 beers on tap, usually Murphy's Red, Newcastle Brown Ale and/or Amstel. The only bottled beer covered by the basic package is Heineken.

I've definitely seen recent bar menus with quite a large number of bottled beers plus Angry Orchard cider included and not asterisked. These may be from Carribean or South American cruises. If the all inclusive restaurant and bar package doesn't include them we will go with vouchers.

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Forums mobile app

I've definitely seen recent bar menus with quite a large number of bottled beers plus Angry Orchard cider included and not asterisked. These may be from Carribean or South American cruises. If the all inclusive restaurant and bar package doesn't include them we will go with vouchers.

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Forums mobile app

Yes .... on cruises where the onboard currency is USD, there is a much wider choice. The price of the all-inclusive drinks package is also a lot more expensive, too, @ $47 pppd. The price for the all-inclusive when the currency onboard is in Euros is €26 pppd (on cruises of 8 days or less). That price in USD is approx $31 at today's exchange rate! You need to be looking at menus where the price is in Euros to see what's included for your cruise and not ones where the prices are in US$.

Yes .... on cruises where the onboard currency is USD, there is a much wider choice. The price of the all-inclusive drinks package is also a lot more expensive, too, @ $47 pppd. The price for the all-inclusive when the currency onboard is in Euros is €26 pppd (on cruises of 8 days or less). That price in USD is approx $31 at today's exchange rate! You need to be looking at menus where the price is in Euros to see what's included for your cruise and not ones where the prices are in US$.

We are in New Zealand and to make matters more confusing we are being billed in NZ dollars (that is when we buy the package it is quoted as NZD$33 per day which is about USD$24).

We are in New Zealand and to make matters more confusing we are being billed in NZ dollars (that is when we buy the package it is quoted as NZD$33 per day which is about USD$24).

You're getting a good price there as the current exchange rate is working out at €19.64. The price for your cruise of 9+ nights is €21 pppd (plus the 15% service charge when purchased onboard, so you're avoiding that charge, too). By prepaying in your own currency you're also not at the mercy of currency exchange rates.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Little Britain,

I am the OP so thanks for posting these images, just what we wanted. I am a cider drinker from New Zealand but MSC seems to have this as a premium for the Classic All Inclusive Bars & Restaurants Package which is a bit annoying.

We don't think we want to carry heaps of vouchers around with us as we also love our latte coffees etc and my partner is happy to drink Heineken, I think for convenience we will probably have the Classic Packages but I will pay for the odd cider if necessary, I am sure there are enough other drinks I can have instead!

Thank you Little Britain for the lovely information.

So, it seems they have discontinued the DOREMI "kids" voucher program that had 12 non alcoholic drinks plus a souvenir cup or do they have it in separately? And by the way, it seems that their main menus are now pretty more limited than they used to be, especially on the non alcoholic / kids cocktails menu front! And one of the non alcoholic / kids cocktails deletions seems to have been my favourite drink, the "Alice in Wonder World"!...

Have a nice day!