Freedom vs. Breeze - please give input :)

Carlyzmom

HI everyone! My family of 4 is trying to plan a cruise for Spring Break next year. We sail out of Galveston. We have cruised a few times (twice with kids) and always seem to do the same itinerary - Cayman, Cozumel, Jamaica. We are looking at 2 ships available that week, the Breeze and the Freedom. The Breeze is obviously the newer, fancier ship BUT it goes the same itinerary we have always done. The Freedom goes to Cozumel, Belize, and Roatan which would be new for us. Our kids will be 17 and 14. I'm sad the Freedom doesn't have waterworks, but the kids say it's not a deal breaker. SO here's the question:

Freedom with NEW itinerary or

Breeze with same itinerary?

Input and comments would be SO appreciated to help us decide!!

DW andI just got back from the Freedom on that itinerary. I have been on both the Freedom and the Breeze, and that being said, while the Breeze is a great ship I would go with the Freedom for the new ports. We did ziplining in Roatan and river cave tubing with and ATV trek through the jungle in Belize and they were AWESOME! Lots of fun and beautifully scenic. Great ship, beautiful ports, overall a great choice.

HI everyone! My family of 4 is trying to plan a cruise for Spring Break next year. We sail out of Galveston. We have cruised a few times (twice with kids) and always seem to do the same itinerary - Cayman, Cozumel, Jamaica. We are looking at 2 ships available that week, the Breeze and the Freedom. The Breeze is obviously the newer, fancier ship BUT it goes the same itinerary we have always done. The Freedom goes to Cozumel, Belize, and Roatan which would be new for us. Our kids will be 17 and 14. I'm sad the Freedom doesn't have waterworks, but the kids say it's not a deal breaker. SO here's the question:

Freedom with NEW itinerary or

Breeze with same itinerary?

Input and comments would be SO appreciated to help us decide!!

Definitely go with the varied itinerary. Freedom is a fine ship. She is showing a little wear here and there but nothing major. Staff is great

I guess it depends on what is most important to you. Breeze has more for the kids with Waterworks, the ropes course and the thrill theater. I think they also have a couple more specialty restaurants.

Freedom you have the different itinerary Alchemy and the Sports Bar...Although Breeze is about to get the Alchemy. I compared the two last year and I picked Freedom primarily because of the Alchemy Bar and the Sports Bar...It was also a little cheaper and I don't have kids.

Another thing to keep in mind is the Breeze is going to be leaving Galveston in 18 months. Vista will be coming in...but Freedom will still be around. So if you sail primarily out of Galveston and are interested in the Breeze, this may be your last chance for awhile. I know I'm going to try to get on her next year before she leaves.