Just home from Carnival Legend Alaska trip!

kctwinmommy

We're from Chicago, so we're the same as you. I get cold easily though, whereas my teenage son doesn't. So when I had on 3 layers, he had 2! LOL! Pretty much every excursion I had on 3 layers and hiking boots. I had a long sleeve t-shirt, then a heavy sweatshirt, and then my jacket. I bought one on the ship since I didn't pack a heavy one, just a decent rain jacket. The one I bought has a fleece inside with a waterproof outside. Definitely something I've worn again since being home.

For dinner I often wore long pants, jeans, or a long skirt and then a long sleeve top with a sweater jacket or cardigan. I will say that in general, we feel people are less dressy on the Alaska cruise than a Caribbean one. I think it's because people have so much stuff already packed, that they just don't want to get all dressy. I mean, really, really, NOT dressed up people were there on formal nights. During a Caribbean, we see maybe a handful of people still in tee's. I did bring some sandals and carpis with, but barely wore them.

Thanks-figure if we can tolerate Michigan winters Alaska shouldn't be a problem-was it warm on the ship at night? I am thinking of some dressy sleeveless tops with capris (taking a sweater as well just in case)

We're from Chicago, so we're the same as you. I get cold easily though, whereas my teenage son doesn't. So when I had on 3 layers, he had 2! LOL! Pretty much every excursion I had on 3 layers and hiking boots. I had a long sleeve t-shirt, then a heavy sweatshirt, and then my jacket. I bought one on the ship since I didn't pack a heavy one, just a decent rain jacket. The one I bought has a fleece inside with a waterproof outside. Definitely something I've worn again since being home.

For dinner I often wore long pants, jeans, or a long skirt and then a long sleeve top with a sweater jacket or cardigan. I will say that in general, we feel people are less dressy on the Alaska cruise than a Caribbean one. I think it's because people have so much stuff already packed, that they just don't want to get all dressy. I mean, really, really, NOT dressed up people were there on formal nights. During a Caribbean, we see maybe a handful of people still in tee's. I did bring some sandals and carpis with, but barely wore them.

Alaska in general is not a dressy kind of place. I spend lots of time there, and I've been to weddings and funerals where carhart bibs were the standard attire. Very few residents concern themselves with fashion over functionality. I would assume this may be at least part of the reason for less formal attitudes on alaska cruises.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Forums mobile app

Thanks-figure if we can tolerate Michigan winters Alaska shouldn't be a problem-was it warm on the ship at night? I am thinking of some dressy sleeveless tops with capris (taking a sweater as well just in case)

I still found it cool overall, even on the ship. I'm sure I never wore a short sleeve top of any kind without a sweater over it. And then I often went back after dinner and put my sweatshirt on.

I still found it cool overall, even on the ship. I'm sure I never wore a short sleeve top of any kind without a sweater over it. And then I often went back after dinner and put my sweatshirt on.

Thanks we generally change after dinner into comfy clothes-just trying to limit on packing-reuse stuff several nights

• 4 weeks later...