Horizon vs Dream

landsear

Same price. Dream's ports are Cozumel, Casta Maya and Belize. Horizon's ports are Cozumel, Grand Caymen, and Ocho Rios. I haven't been following Carnival at all recently so I have no clue about the differences in these ships.

Dream--Cozumel, Casta Maya, Belize

Horizon--Cozumel, Grand Cayment, Ocho Rios

Magic-Cozumel, Belize,Mahogany Bay, Grand Caymen

Same price. Dream's ports are Cozumel, Casta Maya and Belize. Horizon's ports are Cozumel, Grand Caymen, and Ocho Rios. I haven't been following Carnival at all recently so I have no clue about the differences in these ships.

Dream--Cozumel, Casta Maya, Belize

Horizon--Cozumel, Grand Cayment, Ocho Rios

Magic-Cozumel, Belize,Mahogany Bay, Grand Caymen

Here's my latest review of Carnival Dream, not 7 weeks old...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2018/02/09/carnival-dream-a-very-pleasant-surprise/

28208615669_eed6b8f143_z.jpg

It was our first time with Carnival and we had a wonderful time.

The Dream and the Magic are the same size/class so basically the same ship with a couple of minor differences. As mentioned the Horizon is new and bigger - the plus side is that it has more stuff, the downside is that it holds more people so some things (comedy club for example) can be crowded or longer lines.

I would have to first factor in the cost of getting to the departure port, but all else being equal I would pick the itinerary I liked best over the ship. They are all 3 great ships.

Having been to all those ports my personal preference would be Magic's itinerary but I would take any of the three and be happy.

We are going on the Horizon in June, and was on the Dream out of New Orleans a couple of years ago. We liked the ship but I think it's smaller than this one and had less of the "extras" that the Horizon has. I would not hesitate to do either one. This will be our second Carnival, we've done NCL and RCCL as well, which were slightly more upscale than Carnival, but the Horizon being newer, I imagine that this will be a bit more upscale than the Dream.