Water Taxi to Great bay beach

canadaman111

I are planning what we are going to do on our upcoming cruise which stops in St. Maarten. We are thinking the water taxi to great bay beach sounds good and easy. I can't find much info online about the water taxi, except that it is $7US per person. How may stops does at make, and where? Any other info on the water taxi be be appreciated

I are planning what we are going to do on our upcoming cruise which stops in St. Maarten. We are thinking the water taxi to great bay beach sounds good and easy. I can't find much info online about the water taxi, except that it is $7US per person. How may stops does at make, and where? Any other info on the water taxi be be appreciated

It goes from near the ship dock to a pier almost in front of Holland House. So, no stops .

It's right at the pier when you get off your ship. Pay your money, hop onboard and they zip you over to town. You'll be able to see the town. Many people walk it, but I think the one way water taxi is the way to go, especially if you want to see the town, then take a taxi to Orient or Maho for a few hours. The taxi will drop you back at the pier area, so that's why the one way. If you are just going to hang out in town, then get a round trip ticket.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually it's $7US round trip/ $5 one way. It does make one stop at the marina near the beginning of Front St. . This is the street where most of the shops are located. Afterwards it continues on to the dock located on the Boardwalk. This is just a short block fro the middle of Front St. which runs parallel. Same thing on the return trip and you can board or get off on either one of the docks.