Australians discriminated against by Princess

Elorac123

I got it way under that just over $200, (and because I needed an accessible got a mini suite for balcony price) but the price has just gone up and up and up.

Hit almost $400 at one stage.

If Mrs G could fly we’d have preferred one way with some time on land.

Understand, thanks Mr Gut.:hearteyes:

We went on the Noordam inside passage (our first cruise ever) loved it and I believe that still have the happy hours up at the crows nest.

Cheers Carole

From all reports still $2 wines at happy hour. Do us, we are winos, lol.:') Thanks Carole.

Understand, thanks Mr Gut.:hearteyes:

Once flying is out, you are restricted a rear deal, but make the most f what you can.

Just looked at a couple of cruises

Sea Princess Syd-Margaret River, way over $300 a night

Cunard Adelaide to Sydney $3200 for 7 nights

Both balcony category.

Might be looking for alternatives to cruising soon

Once flying is out, you are restricted a rear deal, but make the most f what you can.

Just looked at a couple of cruises

Sea Princess Syd-Margaret River, way over $300 a night

Cunard Adelaide to Sydney $3200 for 7 nights

Both balcony category.

Might be looking for alternatives to cruising soon

Yes it is getting hard Gut. I paid AU$3000 each for 14 nights - balcony on Noordam. But a rare find.:o That travel insurance is ripping into me too.

Yes it is getting hard Gut. I paid AU$3000 each for 14 nights - balcony on Noordam. But a rare find.:o That travel insurance is ripping into me too.

That’s the sort of price we were used to about $200 pp for a midship balcony.

We did 33 nights on Diamond a few years back on one of the extended balconies and paid pretty much the same as we are paying for 35 next year on Sea.

One thing I do notice is that price doesn’t seem to have the ship factored in. So if Princess offer the same price on Golden and on Sun, the price will be pretty much the same. And to be fair that seems to apply to all lines.

Seems to only be the last year or two prices have really jumped. We started cruising with 8 nights to Hobart $1700 ea, (Gty balcony) did the same cruise (or similar) numerous times for pretty much the same price (normally balcony mid ship) even NCL this year wasn’t that much difference, but one less night, but next year so far the same trip shows massive jumps. Cunard was an exception and while I liked the product the price was crazy, took Miss Gut with us which kept the pp price reasonable, but the first two passengers was a crazy price.

So far travel insurance hasn’t really become a problem, for us (funnily enough given the health problems we have) price wise, but a few things they just say “won’t cover” and Doctors saying crap like “You really shouldn’t go”. I guess another reason, along with Mrs G’s head ruling out fliying, that cruising local suits so well, worst case is usually getting through a very bad night, full of drugs, and hospital next day in port covered by Medicare.

Though for me even hospital is fast becoming useless as they really aren’t dishing out the real pain killers any more.