Paradise Beach -- great time + yummy nachos!

mtd716

Just wanted to report back and thank everyone for the recommendations on Paradise Beach. We were there Thursday and had a great time! Dh was impressed with my research. He couldn't believe there was no charge for the chairs, umbrellas, etc. And he also specifically told me to come back here and tell everyone how great the nachos were. We didn't get to meet PB Tom, but the staff was great -- especially Fernando. We arrived around noon and wanted chairs under an umbrella, but there were no umbrellas to be had. However, just as we were getting settled into some very NON-shaded chairs, Fernando came over to let us know that an umbrella was free, then he went over to hold it for us and shooed away someone else who tried to take it while we collected our belongings to move over there. The other guy did end up with an umbrella of his own too, so no hard feelings.

My ONLY complaint was that the water mats weren't very plentiful. Or rather, most of the other families on the beach had claimed them and were holding tight even when not using them. I finally worked up the nerve to ask a nearby large family if I could use one of theirs (they had about 5 of them and were never using more than half of them at any given time). They were really nice about sharing and I got to float in the water. It was wonderful!

So, thanks again for all the advice. Without this board we wouldn't have know better and would have paid $33 each for Carnival's Playa Mia beach break, and still would have had to pay for our food on top of that. I think our total tab at PB was $31 (mostly food since we aren't big drinkers).

Bummer that we didn't meet...I was definitely there that day! Maybe you were in the water when I was doing my "meet and greets". I'm happy that you all had a great time at PB, And hopefully we'll meet next time. Please ask one of the staff to find me, if we've missed each other...I always want to meet fellow CCers! Also, don't be shy to ask us to find you mats, we have no problem liberating them from the "mat hogs"!

Thanx again, hasta la vista!

I was there Thursday, too! What a great place. My daughter had her hair braided and they did a great job. Our waiter was wonderful. We didn't get to meet Tom either. I asked about him and was told he was there, but busy. No problem, just wanted to thank you for a great part of our day! I have been craving the nachos since we came back. My 13 yr old son said the chicken wings were the best he ever had, and that is a huge compliment as we are originally from Buffalo. His only complaint was that there was no bleu cheese for them, just ranch. He quickly adapted.

Everything was clean, the food was great, the kids had a blast. What more could you ask for? We also did some shopping at the gift shop by the bar.

Thanks again. We hope to be back soon.

Also, don't be shy to ask us to find you mats, we have no problem liberating them from the "mat hogs"!

Thanx again, hasta la vista!

I did ask one of the staff about the mats, but he told me that they were all taken and people get mad if you try to take them away. Said he would keep an eye for one for me, but I never saw him again. Otherwise, totally great experience and I did eventually get a mat! And let me say again how yummy the nachos were! Wish I had known that some of our Sensation sailing mates were also heading that way -- we could have shared a cab and split the cost!

bellaa...what the heck was I doing Thursday? I think I was with our new website guy, actually, sorry. The staff knows to come find me to meet my fellow CCers though, so bummer that we didn't get to meet that day. Glad you had a great day with us though, and I like the wing compliment! My friends and I used to drive to Buffalo frequently from Toronto (only 1.25 minute drive....if i was driving!) and stay in this motel (dump!) a block away from the Anchor Bar where they claim invention of the "Buffalo Wing"! Ask your son if he ever had wings from a place called "Gabriels Gate"...best wings I ever had! Thanx for posting, hope to see you next time!

mtd716...that staff member has been put through assertiveness training, so mat hogs beware!! Glad you enjoyed your day otherwise, and hope you come back again!

Tom,

I have been to the Anchor Bar many, many times. My friends & I used to make the same run from TO to Bflo, just backwards. Sometimes we'd stop in Hamilton for a "rest" <read drink>. In fact, if you can drive fast enough, you could leave TO at closing and get to Buffalo before last call. Oh to be young and dumb again....

Tom,

We also missed you on thursday the 29th. We got there between 8:30 and 9:00. Had the beach to ourselves for 30-40 minutes. Loved the nachos, had a few drinks. Our bill was $33.50 for four. My daughters boyfriend loved the iceberg and he is 20.My wife just layed on the beach. I floated on a mat for a while. Overall, we loved Paradise Beach. Just hate we did not get to meet you.We even looked at the pier when we got off the ship. We left around at noon to go back and shop. I asked one of the waiters and he said you would be there later. Maybe next cruise,because there will definitely be another cruise.

Archived