Powerboat excursion to Hideaway Beach?

roohound

This is great!!

My DW, DD and I did this this spring. They will pick you up at the pier for a 15 minute ride to their place. They spend 15 minutes or so going over the safety rules, then it is off to the boats. It is two people per boat, so the guides paired me up with a teenage boy from another family with an odd number of people.

There were about 20 boats in our group. When we headed out they ask you to "more or less" stay in line. You are allowed to pass slower boats in front of you, they just don't want you racing side by side. You are definitely allowed to "play" with the boat in the waves and the wake of the boat in front of you. The boats are about 14 feet in length, and can go about 20 mph.

After about 45 minutes of driving, you come across a beautiful secluded beach with a very nice Mexican buffet for lunch. They have blankets and umbrellas on the beach to use while you are there. They had a volleyball net set up in the water, and some plays that. The only thing missing was an ice cold Corona! We stayed there for a hour or so, then another 45 minute ride back to the home base.

I had to talk my DW into this excursion, but she still says it is the best she has ever done. She said my 12 YO DD just sat there and giggled the entire trip. I would recommend it.

you said the only thing missing was a beer. Once you are at the beach, is there no drinking at all? I would understand, with the boats driving and all, but could the person that is not driving the boat drink? :confused:

I'm sorry, I'm not going to be able to be of much help on the age issue. I do know the 15 YO that I was paired with could not drive (I got to drive both ways!!), but I didn't pay any attention to any minimum ages.

Maybe someone else will be of help.

I have to tell you the post from Art 123 is right on target. I was a little skeptical, but went for it. DH drove the boat. The people in the front of us were going really slow and we followed for about 10 minutes. It really beat us up. But the guy at the back came around and waved us on and then we just flew over the water!!! I think that you must be 18 to drive the boat. I think if you look on the Carnival web site and check excursions they give a drop down box with all the cities, you can find more information. We are going back to Cozamel in September on the Glory and I thought we would do this again, but after reading the posts on Passion Island, maybe we'll try that one. Our guides were "Gerry" and someone else and we wrote them up in the Carnival questionerre at the end of the cruise as the Best guides of the whole cruise (that was the Conquest)

Polly

Archived