Driving from Disney and Parking ?

CTCruiser76

I have read other posts within CC that states that they highway from Orlando to FLL is a toll road, but does not take cash ? That confuses me, does that mean if I have exact change I am good, or do they only take the SunPass? Is it better to take the Florida Turnpike or shoot over to I-95 ? We will be driving our own car, so will have plenty of change etc........if needed.

Also I see that many CC members use the Park & GO for parking - this is the first time we will be traveling from FLL and just want to make sure I have my T's crossed and I's dotted, as we have recently cruised from Port Canaveral and it was SUPER easy.

What makes the Park & GO better then parking at the cruise port, do they not have the same easy parking like they do in Port Canaveral ?

Any other tips you may be able to provide us, as I prepare for our April trip ?

Unfortunately not everything you read here is accurate. Mostly because things change more often than expected .

The truth is you can pay cash on the tolls because there are manned booths. Change given. Some on and off ramps require exact change so do bring quarters.

From Disney please do not use I4. Simply follow the Airport Signs back to I-417 then continue to the Port following the road signs.

Parking at the Canaveral cruise terminals is more convenient than parking offsite and do not let anyone try to convince you otherwise. It is more expensive however so you have to decide if you are willing to pay $20 to $50 or so more for that convenience.

Thanks for the quick reply - but after I posted, I recognized that I didn't put the cruise port that we are departing from - we are departing from Port Everglades on the Freedom, not Port Canaveral.......I agree that Port Canaveral is a breeze and parking is super convenient - but we do not know anything about Fort Lauderdale...... just trying to plan ahead.