REMY on the Dream - worth every $

travellovers2

We gave Remy a try on our last cruise on the Dream. It was incredible. For us it was worth every $. The food was amazing and the experience was incredible. I have some food allergies so I met with the chef the day before and he made it just the way I could eat it. Make sure you don't snack before you go so you can eat everything they put in front of you. The best restaurant we have tried on a ship. :)

The brunch is a more casual affair. I believe it is 5 courses, I enjoyed each one of those.

The price is $50.00 per person. The champagne pairing is $25.00 and includes 3 or 4 glasses of champagne, including a mini bottle of ice champagne.

It is only offered on cruises of 4 nights or more. It is nice experience and well worth the price.

I think if you search online "REMY brunch" you can find out more details about it.

soccer

We agree! Remy, on the DCL Dream or Fantasy is absolutely tops. Right up there just below the Walt Disney World Grand Floridian's 5 star restaurant Victoria and Alberts. Remy's brunch on the sea day is extremely nice also. The adult only restaurant provides a quiet, almost personal space with excellent and attentive service and a dinner choice of two incredible multi-course menus, a select your own option, or let the chef "surprise" you with his choices for the evening.

We are foodies and did Remy once on the Dream. It was wonderful, but not something we feel like we have to do every Disney cruise like we do Palo. As a matter of fact, about an hour after we were done we went for snacks because we were still hungry. Now we were there in the first 2 weeks of the Dream sailing, and there were service issues all over the ship with it being so new and staff still learning, so dinner took extra long and the portions are very small. That being said, it is worth doing once for the experience. One thing we did learn was to never sail a ship during in inaugural season. Uggggg :o

Interesting - different strokes for different folks! We have done Palo once or twice in all our DCL cruises; however, we never miss a chance to do Remy when on board the Dream or Fantasy. To top that off, we also try to make the Remy Champagne Brunch on the same cruise!

Have any of you who love Remy's tried Palo's? Their Brunch is hands down the best meal on the ship. Maybe because I have sailed DCL so many times and always do a Palo's dinner and Palo's brunch, Remy's was not at all worth 3 times the cost of Palo's.

We did Palo's and Remy's our first time on the Dream. Our fish course shined at Palo's and was very plain at Remy's. I expect a level of excellence and imagination in presentation at the higher priced Remy's that just isn't there. And the wine pairings are too high for the wines served.

The little extras, like the cheese course and fancy candy at the end, can not make up for the price. Those things can be had in any of the other dining rooms, just for asking. My friends and I love cheese. One of them asked of a cheese plate before dinner one night, we got it that night and every night thereafter. My last cruise, when I was asked why I turned down dessert, I said I don't care for sweets. I'd be happy with coffee and a cookie. Well, out came a couple cookies.

I have not been to Remy's brunch. But when we were talking to one of the head chefs about going, he said we would be disappointed in it because Palo's is a far more elaborate spread, again for half the cost.

So enjoy Remy's folks. It is fun trying new places, I agree. But Palo's will always be THE place we have to do Brunch and Dinner to complete our cruise. (and our reservations are already made for our next cruise)

Edited by bsddsc
misspelled a word