Soda package - sharing

nevin-deb

Ok I am sailing on majesty in May 2017

If only 1 of us buys the drink package , and gets the souvenir cup. Is there anything stopping one of us using it for say lunch one day and the other using it the next day.

Neither of us are that big of soda drinkers that we would need to drink soda every waking moment, we can endure tea or lemonade for a drink.

I've read where the cups have a chip in them, beyond that what. Would stop us?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

These threads always crack me up. The only thing stopping you would be staff if they notice you are sharing a cup and the cruise critic police who may be out in full force on your cruise.

Honestly, it is about ethics...they are not supposed to be shared.

When I was a small child we still had 'Penny Candy' at the local variety store. You know, the kind where you get jelly beans and licorice and other stuff for pennies each. My beautiful Mom always told me to be very careful that I only took what I paid for. To never sneak a extra jelly bean because that would be stealing. That the store owner might not see me, but that I would know in my heart that I had done the wrong thing. I'm 60 years old now, and I still remember that very important lesson she taught me. Taking something that was not mine to take was wrong. There was no justification or explanation, it was just plain wrong. Why is this such a difficult lesson for so many people here on CC? Why is it that so many people feel that they are 'special' and the rules do not apply to them? I just do not get it. :confused:

If only 1 of us buys the drink package , and gets the souvenir cup. Is there anything stopping one of us using it for say lunch one day and the other using it the next day.

Neither of us are that big of soda drinkers that we would need to drink soda every waking moment, we can endure tea or lemonade for a drink.

Number one, the definition of theft, is taking something that you did not pay for. For example, if you ask for a water cup in a McDonald and you take soda, you can be arrested for petty theft in some areas.

If you are only getting a soda every other day, buy a soda every other day. It's cheaper than the package.

When you purchase any package, you have a contract that states you can not share.

Ever watch a DVD? In the beginning it says Piracy is not a victimless crime. Insert "sharing" to the sentence.

So your question becomes, is it OK for me to "shoplift", "steal", "take what I did not pay for", because I'm only taking a little bit, and don't want to pay for it?

The question of sharing always comes up, and the answer is always no, it is clearly not permitted.

This is like asking if you really have to stop at stop signs. The rule is no sharing. Who are you or anyone else to break the rules? Why bother having rules? Either just order when you want or buy the package for the two of you. That's it. No in between.

A can of soda is $2.95, skip the package. You both can have a can a day for less than the package price. Water is $2.25.