Amazing Cruise on Celebrity Xpedition

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:56 PM.
#21
18,728 Posts
Joined Nov 2003
Thank you for a wonderful, well-written review.. Helpful info...
Excellent photography!
Sounds like an amazing journey
#22
Wht Mts, NH - Gulf Coast, FL
2,830 Posts
Joined Jun 2004
Thanks for a great review! We will be sailing on the Expedtion in November of this year - basically the same timeframe. I do have a few questions. How was the weather and water temperature? You mentioned a dietary need. Once the staff was made aware, were you pleased with the way it was handled both on land and during the sailing? Did you take advantage of the upgrade on the flight? What were the benefits? I appreciate the reminder about neutral clothing - I have a severe allergy to stings and am petrified of bees and wasps. In the past, others have mentioned they were a problem oboard near the hot tub - did you notice any? I'm sure I will think of more to ask and I value your input!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature



Past Cruises:
Celebrity Reflection - Med & Greek Isles
Coral Princess - Partial Transit Panama Canal
Celebrity Silhouette - TA
Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas - Arctic Circle
Disney Fantasy - Souhern Caribbean
AMAPrima - Danube, Prague to Budapest
Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas - Southern Carib.
Carnival Imagination - Western Carib.
Carnival Valor - Southern Carib.
Norwegian Sun - Baltics, Copenhagen, St Petersburg
Royal Caribbean Brilliance - Mediterranean, Spain Italy
Celebrity Infinity - Alaska
Royal Caribbean - Voyager of the Seas, Western Carib.
Royal Caribbean Nordic Prince - Bermuda
#23
Planning our next adventure!
4,390 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
Thank you so much for your review! This cruise is on my radar for sometime in the next 3 years or so, I do have a question or two please:

1.Was the AC in your cabin adequate? I've read about some problems with AC on the Galapagos Cruises

2. Would shorts have been ok for dining at night time? I would prefer not to pack any if I don't need to.

Thank you for your beautiful photos!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Photo review Solstice New Zealand/Australia
https://boards.cruisecritic.com/show....php?t=2579525
Photo review of Equinox Cannes Film Cruise
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2362984
Photo review of Silhouette Adriatic cruise:
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1961248

Check out our travel photos:
http://s1131.photobucket.com/albums/m552/cozkityy/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
Infinity: Hawaii x2
Solstice: TA
Solstice: New Zealand & Australia
Equinox: Eastern Med
Silhouette: Adriatic
Silhouette: Carib
Equinox: Cannes Film Cruise
#24
Coronado, Panama
108 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Host Anne, thank you so much for such a in depth review. One of the best I have seen. I am taking a group of 10 on Xperience in March and was hoping to get some insights. I think most of what you said will also apply to XPerience. I had googled and your review came up. Then internet went out and I lost it. You have no idea how long I searched to find your review again. Great job!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Chris & Dick
Cruise Lover 50+ Cruises


#25
USA/Lake TahoeNevada
2,780 Posts
Joined May 2010
Excellent information and photos; it looks like so much fun! Thanks for sharing!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Celebrity EDGE First Trans-Atlantic: 4/28/19
Celebrity EDGE Inaugural Cruise/12.16.18. cancelled & moved to 12/09
Celebrity - April 27, 2018 - Italy and Greek Islands
Celebrity - April 22, 2017 - Trans-Atlantic!
Celebrity - May 20, 2016(ALASKA) and land tour
Celebrity - June 27, 2015
Russia
Celebrity - June 21, 2014 Med.
Celebrity - May 22, 2013 Adriatic
Celebrity - September 15, 2012 E. Med.
Celebrity - May, 2011 W. Med.
RCCL - Caribbean
NCL - Alaska - 2005
NCL - Caribbean
#27
Florida
7,141 Posts
Joined Nov 2000
Originally posted by sippican
Thanks for a great review! We will be sailing on the Expedtion in November of this year - basically the same timeframe. I do have a few questions. How was the weather and water temperature? You mentioned a dietary need. Once the staff was made aware, were you pleased with the way it was handled both on land and during the sailing? Did you take advantage of the upgrade on the flight? What were the benefits? I appreciate the reminder about neutral clothing - I have a severe allergy to stings and am petrified of bees and wasps. In the past, others have mentioned they were a problem oboard near the hot tub - did you notice any? I'm sure I will think of more to ask and I value your input!
Water temps - walking along the beach in the surf, I was fine. But I knew it would be chilly snorkeling. They do offer wet suits and my husband and son-in-law snorkeled several times but my husband told me I would still have been cold so I skipped it. They did say there were some amazing sites like penguins zipping by you....

Food allergies - The staff was VERY good with the dietary restrictions. It's tougher for our daughter who has a dairy allergy but they did a great job for her for the most part. My son-in-law is gluten intolerant and that was easier. He did fine.

Air Upgrade - We took the air upgrade through the staff at the hotel. it was the difference between first class and coach at home. Larger seats, upgraded service. This was a "big" birthday for me so it was a "treat."

Bees - Wasps - Actually, I never even saw any bees/wasps on our cruise and definitely never saw them around the hot tub on the ship. But it could have been the time of year and where we were visiting. Long sleeve neutral clothing should definitely help according to the staff. I wore long sleeve rash guards every day with either swim shorts or normal shorts.

Feel free to ask additional questions at any times.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Host Anne
[email protected]
#28
Florida
7,141 Posts
Joined Nov 2000
Originally posted by cruise kitty
Thank you so much for your review! This cruise is on my radar for sometime in the next 3 years or so, I do have a question or two please:

1.Was the AC in your cabin adequate? I've read about some problems with AC on the Galapagos Cruises

2. Would shorts have been ok for dining at night time? I would prefer not to pack any if I don't need to.

Thank you for your beautiful photos!
Hi Cruise Kitty ~ the AC in our cabin was fine. Neither of us (hubby or me) remember it being a problem and I like to sleep "cool" at home. 69 is normally where have our air set at home.

Everyone wore shorts most of the time on the ship everywhere. In fact, we were lucky enough to dine with the captain one evening and some guys wore shorts that evening, too. That dinner was on the back outside deck, by the way. It is EXTREMELY casual. No need for anything dressy at all. In fact, when we go back, I'll take even less than I did on this trip. ENJOY!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Host Anne
[email protected]
#29
Florida
7,141 Posts
Joined Nov 2000
Originally posted by travelerchris
Host Anne, thank you so much for such a in depth review. One of the best I have seen. I am taking a group of 10 on Xperience in March and was hoping to get some insights. I think most of what you said will also apply to XPerience. I had googled and your review came up. Then internet went out and I lost it. You have no idea how long I searched to find your review again. Great job!
Chris ~ thanks for the kind comments. I think Xperience may be even more casual is that's possible. You will LOVE it. It's a very special cruise and doing it with a group of 10 will make it even more so. Let me know if you have other questions. ENJOY!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Host Anne
[email protected]
#30
Florida
7,141 Posts
Joined Nov 2000
Originally posted by Lois R
Hi Anne, great review sounds like you and the family had a wonderful cruise!
LOIS !!!!! So good to "see" you! It's been way too long. We had a truly wonderful cruise. I wish experiences like this for everyone! I hope you are well!!!!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Host Anne
[email protected]
#31
Planning our next adventure!
4,390 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
Originally posted by Host Anne
Hi Cruise Kitty ~ the AC in our cabin was fine. Neither of us (hubby or me) remember it being a problem and I like to sleep "cool" at home. 69 is normally where have our air set at home.

Everyone wore shorts most of the time on the ship everywhere. In fact, we were lucky enough to dine with the captain one evening and some guys wore shorts that evening, too. That dinner was on the back outside deck, by the way. It is EXTREMELY casual. No need for anything dressy at all. In fact, when we go back, I'll take even less than I did on this trip. ENJOY!
Thank you so much for your answers, & for your wonderful review!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Photo review Solstice New Zealand/Australia
https://boards.cruisecritic.com/show....php?t=2579525
Photo review of Equinox Cannes Film Cruise
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2362984
Photo review of Silhouette Adriatic cruise:
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1961248

Check out our travel photos:
http://s1131.photobucket.com/albums/m552/cozkityy/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
Infinity: Hawaii x2
Solstice: TA
Solstice: New Zealand & Australia
Equinox: Eastern Med
Silhouette: Adriatic
Silhouette: Carib
Equinox: Cannes Film Cruise
#32
Jacksonville, FL USA
49,116 Posts
Joined Jan 2003
Originally posted by Host Anne
LOIS !!!!! So good to "see" you! It's been way too long. We had a truly wonderful cruise. I wish experiences like this for everyone! I hope you are well!!!!
Hi Anne, I am doing ok....recently had surgery but recovering well.....are you and Andy still going on Edge with everyone 1 year from now?
#33
Wht Mts, NH - Gulf Coast, FL
2,830 Posts
Joined Jun 2004
Anne,
Thank you for your wonderful information. I am newly gluten and dairy free so I will contact the Galapagos desk prior to cruising.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature



Past Cruises:
Celebrity Reflection - Med & Greek Isles
Coral Princess - Partial Transit Panama Canal
Celebrity Silhouette - TA
Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas - Arctic Circle
Disney Fantasy - Souhern Caribbean
AMAPrima - Danube, Prague to Budapest
Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas - Southern Carib.
Carnival Imagination - Western Carib.
Carnival Valor - Southern Carib.
Norwegian Sun - Baltics, Copenhagen, St Petersburg
Royal Caribbean Brilliance - Mediterranean, Spain Italy
Celebrity Infinity - Alaska
Royal Caribbean - Voyager of the Seas, Western Carib.
Royal Caribbean Nordic Prince - Bermuda