Are we buying "a pig in a poke"?

cruisestitch

Im not trying to sell Edge reservations, just pointing out that even when reviews come in and someone states the ship is ‘too fancy’ or ‘catering to a younger crowd’ or some description that it differs from the S-Class/M-C;ass to much, so what. I hope it does differ from the other Class’s. I’d like some variety in a Line we enjoy. And we’d have no idea if that reviewer’s taste is anything such as our own. As I said before, I’ve loved what Celebrity has done with the S-/M-Class ships so I’ll bet on the Come LIne that the E-Class is something I’ll enjoy. Could be wrong, but I’ll decide after actually experiencing it.

Yes, I do use overall reviews and haven’t gone on a few Lines because of the description, not of the ships themselves that much but more of the appraoch and emphasis of the Line.

Should be interesting, and I agree we all have the choice of booking now and maybe cnx after reviews (if that is what you’d base your decision on) or wait. But unless you are going to wait for reviews in December, and then find an available cruise and good SR, not sure that works too well.

Our March 14 cruise appears to only have about 20+ Standard (E-category) Infinity Verandas left and only 7 Conciearge Infinity and that cruise is over a year away. So you may be more limited on your choices of cruise dates and certainly cabin location if you wait.

Personally, I’m booked on 3. I’ll be ‘stuck’ with the 2nd B2B Caribbean cruise if for some reason we don’t like the ship, but I’ll bet we do. And I’ll have enough ‘faith’ in Celebrity to be able to choose my cruise and cabin location.

To each their own approach. I look forward to something different but still based on the approach Celebrity has shown it has catered to since it was established. And as to catering to a bit younger crowd? Since we’ve cruised on Celebrity on and off for 20 years, I’d hope they wouldn’t just ‘cater’ to me and my contemporaries or they will be out a lot of money as we slow down and sit in front of our TV’s yelling at it!

Den

Like! 👍🏻

Thanks, Denny. We had 3 Edge sailings booked also but decided on 2 for now while looking forward to booking our next one on Beyond.

Denny, I also really like your post. We are booked in March (have been since last April), and are tired of those who are posting "Debbie Downer" comments about portions of the the ship that haven't even been revealed yet!

Im not trying to sell Edge reservations, just pointing out that even when reviews come in and someone states the ship is ‘too fancy’ or ‘catering to a younger crowd’ or some description that it differs from the S-Class/M-C;ass to much, so what. I hope it does differ from the other Class’s. I’d like some variety in a Line we enjoy. And we’d have no idea if that reviewer’s taste is anything such as our own. As I said before, I’ve loved what Celebrity has done with the S-/M-Class ships so I’ll bet on the Come LIne that the E-Class is something I’ll enjoy. Could be wrong, but I’ll decide after actually experiencing it.

Yes, I do use overall reviews and haven’t gone on a few Lines because of the description, not of the ships themselves that much but more of the appraoch and emphasis of the Line.

Should be interesting, and I agree we all have the choice of booking now and maybe cnx after reviews (if that is what you’d base your decision on) or wait. But unless you are going to wait for reviews in December, and then find an available cruise and good SR, not sure that works too well.

Our March 14 cruise appears to only have about 20+ Standard (E-category) Infinity Verandas left and only 7 Conciearge Infinity and that cruise is over a year away. So you may be more limited on your choices of cruise dates and certainly cabin location if you wait.

Personally, I’m booked on 3. I’ll be ‘stuck’ with the 2nd B2B Caribbean cruise if for some reason we don’t like the ship, but I’ll bet we do. And I’ll have enough ‘faith’ in Celebrity to be able to choose my cruise and cabin location.

To each their own approach. I look forward to something different but still based on the approach Celebrity has shown it has catered to since it was established. And as to catering to a bit younger crowd? Since we’ve cruised on Celebrity on and off for 20 years, I’d hope they wouldn’t just ‘cater’ to me and my contemporaries or they will be out a lot of money as we slow down and sit in front of our TV’s yelling at it!

Den

Thank you very much for your forward thinking and thoughts on this.

It expresses my thinking on the topic so directly and succinctly.

Bon voyage

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk