And they say price drops don't happen anymore?

"Originally posted by WashyWashyHappyHappy95

clear.png?emoji-smile-1742clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

Just snagged a sailaway balcony for 1 on a 7-day Bahamas cruise on the BA for $749 with no solo supplement.

Can't do much better than that!

And I just found out I got a spa balcony!"

(y)(y) 2 thumbs up to you Washywashyhappyhappy

Who says price drops don’t happen anymore? Prices fluctuate all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They still happen, just much less frequently. Remember, FDR is all about "marketing to fill" and not using price drops to fill the ship if at all possible.

Honestly I'm not much of a spa guy. Should I be excited about this?

... not much of a spa guy. Should I be excited about this?

Ha, the spa ladies get their chances to upsell you to a variety of products & treatment, port day specials ... everything from a detox facial to mineral baths, accu-massage.

And, you didn't apply your CruiseNext certificate ? Not getting stockholder's OBC ... effectively lowering your net costs. That's nice but not good enough milking their system.

Congrats, regardless ... we had solo cruisers on last year's Roll Call scoring similar deals recently, with double upgrade from Insides to Balconies, just not a Spa one from what I know. Very nice.

Edited by mking8288

Ha, the spa ladies get their chances to upsell you to a variety of products & treatment, port day specials ... everything from a detox facial to mineral baths, accu-massage.

And, you didn't apply your CruiseNext certificate ? Not getting stockholder's OBC ... effectively lowering your net costs. That's nice but not good enough milking their system.

Congrats, regardless ... we had solo cruisers on last year's Roll Call scoring similar deals recently, with double upgrade from Insides to Balconies, just not a Spa one from what I know. Very nice.

Who said I had a CruiseNext certificate?

They still happen, just much less frequently. Remember, FDR is all about "marketing to fill" and not using price drops to fill the ship if at all possible.

Honestly I'm not much of a spa guy. Should I be excited about this?

From the amount of people that post here on cruise critic about being pissed off that the price went down after final payment, I would say it still happens a lot. Remember it’s all supply and demand. If a particular itinerary or a particular cabin type is not selling at a specific price, economics will kick in and the price will be adjusted.

Hold on just a moment here, are you implying that with a last-minute Sail-Away rate one cannot apply a CruiseNext certificate?

Or that one does not get the shareholder's benefit OBC with the same last-minute Sail-Away rate?

If you don't mind me asking....How did you find such a great price for a solo traveler? I am looking to travel solo and not sure where to start to look for great pricing or no solo supplements. Thanks in advance.

Just use the cruise search, select 1 guest, filter in number of days (probably 5-8 if looking for a standard week cruise), then sort by price. First result that pops up is a 7 day Breakaway from New York, for $549.

... are you implying that with a last-minute Sail-Away rate one cannot apply a CruiseNext certificate? Or that one does not get the shareholder's benefit OBC with the same last-minute Sail-Away rate?
Not implying or saying anything. That was along the line as a question/comment, ending with a ? question mark ... ditto for shareholder's OBC, as a ? or observation.

That $749 rate still add up to a little over $1,000 to a solo traveler - add the taxes/port fees & DSC (still at $14 pp/pd) There's no reason that I know of, that if someone has a CN certificate, that it cannot be used or applied on a last minute booking with a live agent on the line ... that's saving $100 to $125 against the full CN ($250) face value, if the certificate was acquiried at a discount. Others as stockholders have reported that they can get OBC credited fairly quickly - depending on sail date, still time to submit a request for approval ... whether it's WW or someone else that qualify for it.

That would lower the 7 day cruise's net costs down further, that's the point. Last Fall, BA's inside for solo was as low as $249 or $349 at the Sailaway Rate + taxes/fees + DSC, easy to do the math. With the App tools and alerts in place, and, flexible personal plans, it isn't as difficult as it sound during the off-peak & shoulder seasons.

Not implying or saying anything. That was along the line as a question/comment, ending with a ? question mark ... ditto for shareholder's OBC, as a ? or observation..............

Oh ok, thanks for the clarification. I appreciate the courtesy.

You had me worried there for a while.....I thought it might have been some new rule that NCL might have introduced lately.

We have 4 CruiseNext certificates still in our possession that we want to use but "real" deals along the lines that you mentioned further down your reply seem to be getting harder and harder to find on NCL (on any cruiseline actually, nowadays).

Thanks,

Fred

Just to clarify do you constantly check the cruise line website for the best deal then book? I wish it was easier. But nothings free. I check frequently but rarely see many price drops..

Another question? Whats a cruise next certificate some kind of credit you can use on a future cruise?

Cruise next certificate is something you can buy while on an NCL cruise that is valid for booking a cruise in the next 4 years. They are worth $250 and save you some money.

:):)Just snagged a sailaway balcony for 1 on a 7-day Bahamas cruise on the BA for $749 with no solo supplement.

Can't do much better than that!

just out of curiosity who even said price drops don't happen anymore? of course they do, but no one should count of them or wait to book based on what might happen. Depending on the ship and the time frame prices can go up or down.

I agree, price drops, do happen. But, I'm finding the drops are happening later, many times less than a week prior to the cruise. I cruise at least every month, and have no problem leaving the next day- with all my reservations in place. My style of travel- with 12 NCL crusies last year- none with supplements. Just got off of 2 on the Sun with the second- snagging the price dump 2 days prior.

There are many ways to search, through the NCL site, simply look at the current month.

Many times, fast decisions have to be made, so just place a hold- will usually give you 2 hours. This is plenty of time for me to make my arrangements.

I'd love to know that list of 12 cruises! Not paying a supplement on any is damned impressive.

March - Spirit, Sun, Sun

May - Sun

July - Star

August - Sun

Sept - Dawn, Dawn

October - Epic

November Epic

December - Breakaway, Jade

January - Sun

February - Sun