A bit of a dilemma

Today I took a phone call from a representative of Royal Caribbean asking why we had not booked any dining options on our Anthem cruise in 2 weeks .

I explained that we were not booked on Anthem of the seas !

He insisted we had a reservation for the inaugural cruise out of Southampton on the 22nd April.

He advised me of our Stateroom number and the names of the passengers which appears to be me and my husband .

After pondering this all afternoon, I think I know what my birthday suprise off my husband is.

Yes we are on holiday for 2 weeks starting the 20th of April, yes he has told me he has a suprise lined up for me and to wait and see what it is.

Dilemma....Number 1 .. Do I tell him I now know what he has done for my birthday or. .. Do I act dumb ?

The poor guy at RCI did appear mortified to think he had let the cat out of the bag , he did say he would call again when my husband was home .

Dilemma number 2 .... How the hell am I going to hide how excited I am about Anthem ?

Also I am chuffed my husband does actually listen to what I say, I mentioned over a year ago how I would love to see this ship

It's going to very hard to not show your excitement. But I think you need to act dumb. I'm willing to bet he is just as excited that he is giving you such a wonderful gift. You don't want to take that away from him.

This may be the longest two weeks of your life.

I would try really, really hard to hide the fact that I knew. That was so wonderful and thoughtful of him that he deserves the pleasure of seeing you be "surprised". And I wouldn't want anything to discourage him from doing another great surprise like that sometime in the future! You can always come here to CC to express how excited you are at the thought of going. :)

BTW, that happened to me two Christmases ago. I bought something for my DH as a surprise and the store called and asked him when he wanted it delivered. I had TOLD them it was a surprise but apparently that didn't matter. I don't know if his joy at getting it equaled my disappointment at my ruined surprise.....

Edited by frisbeewife

I think I'm on the keep it quiet side too. And I'm so sorry the rep accidentally spoiled this wonderful surprise for you. Practice your surprised look, enjoy your birthday, and that wonderful cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Today I took a phone call from a representative of Royal Caribbean asking why we had not booked any dining options on our Anthem cruise in 2 weeks .

He insisted we had a reservation for the inaugural cruise out of Southampton on the 22nd April.

He advised me of our Stateroom number and the names of the passengers which appears to be me and my husband .

After pondering this all afternoon, I think I know what my birthday suprise off my husband is.

Yes we are on holiday for 2 weeks starting the 20th of April, yes he has told me he has a suprise lined up for me and to wait and see what it is.

Dilemma....Number 1 .. Do I tell him I now know what he has done for my birthday or. .. Do I act dumb ?

The poor guy at RCI did appear mortified to think he had let the cat out of the bag , he did say he would call again when my husband was home .

Dilemma number 2 .... How the hell am I going to hide how excited I am about Anthem ?

Also I am chuffed my husband does actually listen to what I say, I mentioned over a year ago how I would love to see this ship

I would not mention it but man would HE GET THE ROYAL treatment between now & then!!! ;):D

I cast my vote for telling him that you know. For us, part of the excitement is the pre-cruise anticipation. Happy Birthday and have a great time.

I would probably tell him. Maybe even set a special date night to show him how much you appreciate it and that you are not part of the planning process. Or maybe have a special night and "surprise" him saying you booked a cruise.

Have fun.

As much as I think you should try to hide it and not tell him, you will eventually let it out of the bag, or not appear to be excited.

Too hard not to.

Good luck either way.

Can you say SUPER JELLY!!!! ;) I'm so excited for you both, it'll be SO fun!

I also vote for act dumb and act like the phone call never happened, but you're going to have quite a time hiding your excitement, for certain.

And make sure you stay away from the RC site too! LOL I'd be tempted to keep coming on and looking at stuff, and you wouldn't want him to walk in on you looking! =D

Women are very sly and I'm sure you have an idea/fallback plan so that you do not spoil your husband b-day surprise to you. You can make, it's only 2 weeks. LOL

I side wih the majority here, but with one slightly different way. Tell him that you received a weird phone call from Royal Carribean but play like they actually covered up well. Maybe something like they called and asked why you didnt book dinners, then they appologized that they misspoke and asked why you havent booked another cruise with them recently. Or something along those lines. But that all probably wont work so just keep quiet.

Something similar happened to me when I was planning on proposing to my now wife. I wanted to meet with her dad first to do the old fashioned ask for his blessing. Well like 2 minutes afer off the phone with me he sent an email to his buddy aking about nice places to go in Montreal as hs friend lived there. He also included that he thought I was going to ask for his blessing since I had asked him to lunch which was odd for me to do in that email. Well just before sending it h decided to include my wife on it because he knew she was going to montreal with me and wanted her to hae the info.

Next thing I hear coming from the computer room is "My dad is an idiot". Needless to say i was very dissappointed. The surprise for him is probably the best part of the present so dont ruin it.

Please keep the secret a secret a bit longer..... there may be associated surprises on their way which you will spoil if you tell him you know.... he's worked on surprising you.... let him have that moment..... x

Edited by NorbertsNiece

I would pretend not to know. He went through a lot

of trouble to book the trip and hide it and it would spoil the fun for him if he knew you were in on the surprise. It won't hurt anybody to pretend you don't know, but it will definitely hurt his feelings if you tell him you found out. It's not really RC's fault, since your husband gave them a phone number that you have access to, and it may end up getting RC yelled at and make your husband upset all because of a mistake. Better to pretend you don't know and make everyone happy. That's what I'd do 😀