What dining venues will be on Edge?

stipmom

Luminae, Blu, the MDR, dining in/on the Magic carpet and the dining venue in the Garden area all I recall hearing about. Certainly there will be more as the details are revealed.

Yes, if you look at the deck plans, the areas where the Specialty restaurants have been are all blank now. Wait and see.

Hopefully Celebrity will take this opportunity to modernise.

If I'm presented with menu options from the existing Blu, Luminae, Murano menus I'm familiar with I'd be very disappointed. So hopefully the specialty restaurants will be something completely new and Luminae will have a new menu etc.

Do we know if there is a MDR?

I don't know , but with a capacity of just under 3400 passengers; of which I estimate 400+/-will be in Blu or Luminae, there has to be a place/s to feed around 2800 passengers a served dinner. It could be there are a couple of dining rooms, pretty sure that 2800 won't want to go to the buffet for dinner;).

Do we know if there is a MDR?

Royal tried a ship with no MDR, and it was the Edsel of cruise ship ideas.

http://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Royal-Caribbean-reverts-to-traditional-seating-in-main-dining-rooms

So I can't imagine Celebrity will go that route.

Like to see some imagination with the specialties, maybe some brand names, Ruth's Chris would be nice.

I'd rather they spend the money on the prime beef and the service staff, rather than buying a name that adds nothing. At least with Thomas Keller, Seabourn got some new recipes. Steakhouses are all about the decor, not the menu.

http://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Royal-Caribbean-reverts-to-traditional-seating-in-main-dining-rooms

To be fair, Quantum class has an MDR, it's just broken up into 4 venues - it's the menu system that was changed.

I'd rather they spend the money on the prime beef and the service staff, rather than buying a name that adds nothing. At least with Thomas Keller, Seabourn got some new recipes. Steakhouses are all about the decor, not the menu.

No problem with what you say, I have a bigger dream more in the category of "when hell freezes over." Love to see the MDR go back to the Michel Roux era of the 90s when the service and food was better every night than the Specialties are now.

The only alternative I can imagine would be if they had several themed complimentary restaurants and rotated the passengers through them. I think Disney does something similar. However, I could only imagine the possible problems with that and the passenger demographics Celebrity has.

• 2 weeks later...
I read somewhere that there will be a seafood/raw bar restaurant on deck five. That was the only additional restaurant that I have seen in any of the press releases

That's also on the other ships, so wouldn't really be anything new.

The only alternative I can imagine would be if they had several themed complimentary restaurants and rotated the passengers through them. I think Disney does something similar. However, I could only imagine the possible problems with that and the passenger demographics Celebrity has.

If they do that we will be very happy to be in BLU. I think having some innovative ideas for the specialties is a good way to go.....looking forward to some surprises

Me too. I would hate to see a chain restaurant on a cruise ship. I have a Ruth Chris down the road. Hopefully, they will come up with a new idea. Like they did on the S class with the Lawn Club and Quisine.

Dave

Richard Feins comment about the Garden restaurant in part said the best BBQ and brisket. Maybe they will have a smoker since that is the only real way to BBQ brisket..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

March Celebrity online newsletter confirms above and other info:

"One of the most carefree Resort Deck spaces is the Rooftop Garden—a living urban playscape inspired by childhood playgrounds. Brought to life with the help of architect Tom Wright, it’s a lively, spacious environment perfect for slowing down, wandering, and daydreaming.

On Celebrity Edge, the Rooftop Garden is full of unexpected pleasures day and night. Find a cozy chair, sink in, and get lost in a good book. Sip a refreshing cocktail as you gaze out over the open ocean. Satisfy your cravings with gourmet burgers, brisket, and BBQ at the Rooftop Garden Grill. Drift away to the rhythm of live musical performances coming down to you from treetop sculptures. Get caught up in a friendly game of giant chess with fellow vacationers.

Catch a movie at A Taste of Film for an interactive fusion of food and film. Dance the night away as a live band plays your favorite songs. Or just lie back on a comfy lounger and gaze up at the sea of stars above you as you glide over the sea below.

Your imagination is your guide in this fantastic garden escape designed to awaken the inner child in all of us."