Cabin Upgrade Dockside

mk36

Hi we are new to DCL and have booked an ocean view room for my family of 4. I have been pondering upgrading but its quite expense to do so. I was wondering if you can upgrade at check in subject to availability? thanks

Hi we are new to DCL and have booked an ocean view room for my family of 4. I have been pondering upgrading but its quite expense to do so. I was wondering if you can upgrade at check in subject to availability? thanks

Yes, if there's availability (many times there isn't). You must first check in on the reservation you have and then go to the supervisor's desk (usually to the left of the check in counter) and inquire.

They have a chart detailing the price difference from the category you are in to the category you want to go to. It's often lower than if you had switched categories up to the day prior to the cruise.

Yes, if there's availability (many times there isn't). You must first check in on the reservation you have and then go to the supervisor's desk (usually to the left of the check in counter) and inquire.

They have a chart detailing the price difference from the category you are in to the category you want to go to. It's often lower than if you had switched categories up to the day prior to the cruise.

Brilliant thanks, i was hoping that would be the case. We are happy with what we have but if there is availability/cost is ok we would look to switch. We are sailing from Barcelona in May and really looking forward to it. Have been P&O, Princess and RCL

YES! First check in like you normally would. The go directly to the far right where the port supervisors counter is, basically at the very end of the check in counter. FYI the best way to do this is get on the first disney cruiseline bus from the airport because it is the first people allowed into the port! We upgrade 2 years ago from a family balcony cabin to a 1 bed conciere on a 7 night Fantasy cruise for only $1000!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi further to the above question. We have now checked in and have been given a noon arrival time, if am looking to do an upgrade am i best getting there earlier than my stated time? thanks for you help

Hi further to the above question. We have now checked in and have been given a noon arrival time, if am looking to do an upgrade am i best getting there earlier than my stated time? thanks for you help

Well, you weren't "given" that time. You selected it.

I'd keep checking periodically to see if you can arrive earlier.

Port Arrival Time is so that not everyone tries to arrive at the terminal at the same time. The terminal was built when the DCL ships were the smaller ones and will not hold the numbers of people that want to be "first" with the newer (larger) ships.

Yes, if your goal is to get to the supervisor's desk for a possible upgrade purchase, you are best off checking in as early as possible. But if you arrive early, you'll be in the "earlybird" crowd and stand in longer lines for security and check in than if you'd arrived at your scheduled PAT.

Do be aware that a "regular" cabin on DCL is about the same size as a mini-suite on Princess and in addition has a "split bathroom" with a tub and sink in one room and a toilet and sink in a different room.